Air system for custom gun

gamer9190

I have been considering making some type of support weapon for a while, but not until recently have i figured out a possible way to do it. Basically what I need to know is some possible ways to release the valve using a trigger, if there is a specific valve i need, and if this idea has any chance of working. The surrounding material is pvc, and will be made airtight with epoxy. The air hose will also be epoxied into place.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/ga...current=air.jpg

What are you looking for? What you've shown is how most pneumatic launchers operate, but when you add in the details, things change...so there are some basic questions you need to ask.

Is it going to be automatic? Semi-auto? Manual? Is it a regular rifle, a shotgun, or a sniper? You can't consider building the system without figuring out where you're going.

You are indeed right.

It needs some sort of tappet plate and an air nozzle to feed the BB's into the hop chamber, and without it.. well, it MAY work, but not very well at all.

You've got the VERY basics of a system there mater - you're going to need to put a LOT more effort into the design if you want it to, you know, WORK.

Now, if you can find it. There is a stand alone asahi bv unit that is for classic gas guns. It functions similar to what you have sketched up.

For the most part there isn't a "valve" you can use. Your gonna have to spend a lot more time and research to design something.

Also, your either going to need a lot of money to have someone machine it for you, or your going to have to buy the machines. While it is possible to make something by hand with minimal tools and a pile of pvc. The likely hood of it being better or comparable to an aeg. Even a cheap one, isn't very high.

And this information comes from someone with $10k or more worth of machining equipment sitting in his garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived