Spring Pistols- KWC & Cybergun HPA-new leaders?

Wingman

For several months I've been working with a couple of new spring pistols that just seem to have raised the bar for this type.

They are the KWC Taurus PT24/7 Ultragrade and the KWC/Cybergun HPA version of the Sig SP2022.

What we have here are two pistols with exceptional performance as well as extreme detail.

Taurus PT24/7 Ultragrade:

Range: 90+ feet

FPS: 270+ w/.20's

Accuracy: Inside of two inches at 25 feet (in fact you can hit a quarter at that range). At 90 feet, I'm still making hits on gallon milk container.

No tools fieldstripping

Metal interior parts including parts of the inner frame and outer barrel. Very robust

Nicely trademarked

Excellent finish with a nice contrast between the slide and polymer frame

White dot sights and rail system

Comes with 2 full size 22 shot magazines

KWC/Cybergun HPA Sig SP2022:

Range: 100+ft

FPS: 290+ w/.20's (which over-hop). 280 fps w/.25's

Accuracy: same as the Taurus

No tools fieldstripping

Metal interior parts as on the Taurus. Again, very well built.

Nicley trademarked, but not to the degree of the Taurus

Nice finish, especially on the frame. The slide is a little too plastic looking.

White dot on front sight only and a rail system

Slide locks back after last shot

Comes with 1 full size 22 shot magazine

Probably the best springer Sig pistol on the market

These pistols have performance which is nearly as good as some spring rifles. They both can give the vaunted TM 1911A1 and Mk23 a run for their money and have more features. There are some GBB's that would be hard pressed here (granted rate of fire is not even close).

I've heard that KWC will be releasing a copy of Smith & Wessons new M&P 9mm pistol in the next few months. If they've gone to the same detail as they did with the 24/7 and the SP2022, they'll have another winner.

Every now and then, we do a springer skirmish and these pistols are showing up quite often. Anyone else have any experience with these pistols? Anyone else break out "the old springers" for a skirmish now and then? What are you using?

my friend had the KWC 1911 national match, that was a lovely gun, the sights were awesome and it was very accurate.

but the best springer pistol ive seen yet is the KWC two tone deluxe desert eagle, plenty of metal, a lot of the plastic parts feel like metal, very solid, good accuracy (dont know about power, dont have a chrono) and sounds great, when i first heard it i thought it was a high end NBB

If you get a chance, try out the HPA SP2022, I think it shoots as hard as the Desert Eagle (I have that one also) and it definately shoots further, even though you have to use .25's.

Desert Eagle is nice though. Feels like your holding something substantial, really solid. The S&W 1911 is also quite nice and comparable to your National Match.

I think the other thing that is most impressive with the KWC/Cybergun/HPA series, is that you CAN field strip and actually repair these pistols in most cases.

Oh, by the way, HPA has taken a bunch of the National Match pistols and have done power up-grades. My dealer here has a couple and they are quite nice.

True, still there are not as many issues with the springer as there are with the GBB.

While I own GBB's, NBB's, AEG's and AEP's, I've always had this thing for high quality springers. They always seem to work, no matter what the circumstances are and they are ready to go 24/7. I always have at least one spring pistol and shotgun (usually the Maruzen Shorty) in my bag just in case.

Springers also force you to be more aware of your sight picture and taking the shot at the right time, as your not likely to get in a lot of shots.

I did find out that KWC is making both these pistols as Co2 NBB's and the FPS is supposed to be right up there. They are about $70.00 US, but I might just look into getting one.

Archived