Real Steel Glock Sights

Fitzmaster14

I've got Glock factory night sights on my KWA G19 (GRS Caspian slide). The only thing I needed to do was use a shim to secure the rear sight in place. The airsoft dovetail groove is too large.

Something underneath the sight alone wouldn't do, so I took a piece of a beer can cut to a rectangular shape, and folded a "lip" to make the side profile like an L or V. That way the shim supports the sight from below and the front, narrowing the dovetail down to a correct tight size.

Some aftermarket slides make the blowback mechanism attach to the rear sight directly like they do on Tokyo Marui Glocks. Having one of those would prevent you from using this trick.

-Sale

Odd indeed. I've also tried the regular plastic Glock sights on the thing, and they fall out on their own weight. A mate of mine bought a ghost ring rear sight with a grub screw for securing it into place, and there was a visible gap below the sight when the screw was tightened.

-Sale

I think I know why.

(just clicked, myself)

The adjustable sight has a metal self-shimming 'spring' to it, so it is already wider than the standard dovetail notch was.

My thoughts were that it looked FAR better than the regular Glock rear.

Archived