SR-25 Build

Jonny

Howdy all, i've finally deceided to dump a couple thousand dollars into a G&P SR-25 (I couldnt afford the CNC kit) lol. However so, I have a coupoe questions regarding the availability of parts and the construction of the unique 'long' style gear box. My question is, what kind of after market parts are available for it? Can I use the same springs, an do I have to buy special pistons for use with this mechbox? Now I heard it was possible to use a traditional V2 mech inside it. I had plans to jam a Madbul 470 into it, but if thats not plausable I'll work it into an SR-15 later on. But for availability of parts wise, If my SR25 breaks internally I dont want to have to go on a hunt for rare parts that only fit the special mechbox. Im also looking for opinions of barrel and hop combos.

Anybody that knows from experience, currently owns or has owned a G&P SR-25 is welcome to share their opinions and knowledge. I usually reserve postings for guns, but when spending this much on something I want to know it all before I make the big investment. Thanks for reading!

Archived