WA Beretta hammer springs?

After my purchase of two matching Western Arms Beretta Cougars with Airsoft Innovations flow-restrictors installed, I had a quick question for any Cougar owner out there.

My slide doesn't always cycle- AI puts it as in warmer temperatures, the propane expands to the point where the hammer isn't strong enough to hit the valve properly. The suggested remedy is a stronger replacement hammer spring.

However, flow restrictors are meant for the .45/1911 family, not the Beretta- however, it works with the M8045 Cougar, luckily enough.

My question was this-

Is it possible to use a different sort of hammer spring in the gun- a stronger one, marginally- and if so, would WA M9 ones be compatible? I'm afraid I don't have a Western Arms M9 and none of the local players have them either to compare.

Any info would be great, links and such would be better.

I just purchased a WA M92FS and this thing has a very weak hammer spring. It will actuate a valve with green gas, but I haven't tried it when it is really warm yet. I would like to know if there are aftermarket hammer springs for a 92 as well. I know you can use a recoil spring for a TM or KSC, but can I also use a hammer spring?

I just purchased a WA M92FS and this thing has a very weak hammer spring.  It will actuate a valve with green gas, but I haven't tried it when it is really warm yet.  I would like to know if there are aftermarket hammer springs for a 92 as well.  I know you can use a recoil spring for a TM or KSC, but can I also use a hammer spring?

There, now that's 2 of us with the same problem.

The hammer spring's quite weak, and I don't think it uses the same system as its Marui counterpart.

I'll take pictures sometime soon.

Fixed.

Here's how to do it, for any other disgruntled Canadian Cougar owners with flow restrictors installed that are concerned with their weak hammer spring (all zero of them).

First, take a run-of-the-mill cheap ballpoint pen. I used some Bic I found in my room.

Then, dremel a small piece off it.

I really should've taken the picture when my gun was open, sorry.

Here's what remains of the piece I dremelled it from, and my Cougar.

CougarFix.jpg

After you do that, drop it in the top with that other metal piece. It works great as a spacer, though there's not much room- you have to get the measurement exactly right, or the hammer won't cock.

A complimentary stretch of the hammer spring won't hurt either.

After I put it back together, I gassed it up and put 10 rounds into a pile of laundry, cocking it back with my thumb- something I couldn't do before (it'd make a 'pop' sound and the slide would move back a centimetre or so).

Archived