TM HiCapa 5.1 upgrades

McC4rtn3y

I once bought a "defective" Hi-Capa from a user here, long ago. The gun would double feed and generally act weird.

The gun was equipped with 150% Guarder hammer & recoil springs. Switching to the stock springs, the gun worked as it should again.

As already stated, the Guarder springs are very strong, sometimes too strong for individual Hi-Capas. The Guarder springs are made for use with a metal slide and a good hi-flow valve, perhaps also upgraded sear/hammer parts.

I equipped the "defective" gun with an SD slide, and used the Guarder recoil spring, along with a NB hammer spring and NB hi-flow valve. The gun turned into a beast. A reliable beast, though.

With the stock plastic slide, you really should just use the stock recoil spring, and be careful in your choice of hammer spring. Personally, for the 5.1, I'd recommend either stock or the NB hammer spring, which is about the same as the stock 4.3 hammer spring (which seems stronger than the 5.1's).

Archived