TM / WE 1911 magazine question

jamestang

I've been having problems with my WE 1911 Tactical, and after searching and reading reviews, I've traced it to either a magazine top seal problem or a lubing problem. I have more silicone lube on the way, so my question is about the magazine.

I've heard that TM and WE 1911's are identical internally. A review I've read said that the TM mag top seals are a bit higher than the WE mag top seals, creating a better seal with the chamber in the top slide. So I'm wondering, can I just buy a TM 1911 mag and use it in my WE? Or do I need to swap out the actual top seal? Can I just buy TM 1911 mag top seals by themselves?

Also, this is noob, but what is the top seal? Is it the small rectangular hole on the top of the mag right behind where the BB's come out?

Thanks

Np.

The Guarder nozzle is less wiggly inside the blowback because it's beefier than the stock nozzle, so among other things, it sits against the seal more securely.

The TM seals are only a hair higher than the stock seals, maybe. Not really worth the trouble on their own, unless you're ordering other TM parts. The best TM parts I've gotten so far for my WE are TM valves.

Make sure your gas can is warm is the best way ensure your WE cycles correctly.

Archived