Classic Army G36/V3 gearbox help

CerberusCO

Hey, guys - trying to put a metal cylinder head in my CA G36 to no avail. To date, we've tried Promethius V3, Area 1000 V3, Classic Army V2, and Guarder V3 heads and the gearbox just won't go back together - there's a gap at the two halves right above the cyl head. Now, I know I'm not the only one who's put a metal cyl head in their V3 gearbox - what have you guys done to get it to work? Thanks heaps.

I've upgraded 2 G36's, one with a Guarder cylinder head (mine) and another with an Area 1000 head, and had no problems with either. Put the stock head back in and see if it closes up. There must be some debris or something bent is all I can think of. The gearbox should shut snugly so you can slide the top rail right on.

May I ask why you can't use the stock cylinder head.

I my opinion the cylinder head never needs to be upgraded, all a metal one will do is transfer more energy to the shell reducing its life. I'll take a stock plastic one anyday.

Ice

Even a very high fps you shouldn't have too much trouble with the stock one. Bore out the holes in the side slightly, make sure it sits flush with the gearbox shell, use a plastic piston head and you'll be suprised how long it'll last.

Ice

Interesting. Everything that I've ever learned about gearbox upgrades has told me just the opposite. Anyways, we got it in there with good old fashioned elbow grease, filing, and a Dremel. She's shooting a good high number with no other issues.

That's the thing - the stock cyl head fits just fine!  I was starting to wonder if I had a jacked up gearbox, but I tried to fit the Guarder cyl head in a different V3 gearbox, and it did the same thing...

Can you not compare the stock head to the aftermarket ones and modify them so they are the same?

Archived