Tricks with Hessian?

wimo1st

I've been looking into Making my camo for my gear now... (finally)

I play at Hilton park mostly if people know what the scenario is like (Its woodland, Mostly bush's and patch's of Fern).

What i have so far is , 2 Inch x 50 Metre long hessian roll , Concealment Vest, And normal camo clothing. All i need to know is how to use the hessian, no matter how i use it be it strips, patch's anything i cant get the effect i'm after of good camo, Its just seems to fall apart. Anyone have any tips on how to get the good use of hessian.

Also I've heard/seem people comments on how to paint the stuff. I was planning on spray paintin the stuff is that the right thing to do or should i buy some paint and dip it?

Any ideas will be much appreciated... And real good tips gets a + in my books :)

Cheers Wimo1st.......

Ive recently been trying out methods to stop all the gay little fibres that seem to float off the hessian when i shake my ghillie.

I have now managed to get it so no material what so ever comes off my ghillie. Method used was to leave it outside for a week, let it get drenched in rain, make it as muddy and wet as possible, let it dry out and shake it ALOT.

I also diluted some PVA with warm water and sprayed it all over the ghillie to make it slightly firmer. This makes all the loose fibres stay in. Give it a good shake off after the glue has dried and ruff it up a bit so it softens slightly. PVA dries clear and waterproof, i dout my ghillie is completely water tight, but its slightly resistant now anyway :P

Has anyone tried to paint it with plants? Like putting plants into a water with hessian and then boil it until it goes green, the longer you boil it the darker green you will get. I havent tried this by myself yet but i think i will when i get a new jacket and maybe trousers too to make my light ghillie.

Has anyone tried to paint it with plants? Like putting plants into a water with hessian and then boil it until it goes green, the longer you boil it the darker green you will get. I havent tried this by myself yet but i think i will when i get a new jacket and maybe trousers too to make my light ghillie.

to be honest your better off using cold water dye, it won't make so much mess and you can do it in a bucket in the garden. infact if you search "tea and medals" in google, you will find "hatchets guide to airsoft" this has a great section about making using hessian to make ghille.

Archived