Places to play in Somerset

Hewes

Hi, im going to holiday for a week (inc. 2 weekends), and i was wondering if there is anywhere good near Frome, if there are, what are they like and how much is it for walk on?

Cheers :D

Arr, welcome to Zumerset! ;)

From Frome your main options are going to be:

Ultimate Airsoft - In Thornbury by Bristol (my sort-of homesite) - about 40mins drive

http://www.ultimateairsoft.co.uk/

Note: Shown on Airsoft Map as Black Ops but they've changed the name - don't ask!

Dragon Valley - by Chepstow - just over the Severn bridge (rember to add the £5.10 ransom, opps, i mean Toll!) - about 50/60 mins drive

http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk/

Otherwise if you can drive you're quite close to a number of other good sites slightly further afield that are all good (Ground Zero, Combat South, UCAP, Spectre)

Check out : http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/ although there are a few of the newer ones missing i think

oh, and i think that Conflict International is still "on-stop" at the moment due to the mahossive mine shafts found on the site ? Which is a shame as it's only 25mins for my new house :(

p.s. While in Somerset, don't forget to try "farmhouse" cider. Just don't be wanting to drive / walk / stand upright after sampling a few pints!

By the way, where is this conflict international site, it sounds like it could be quite close to where I live, could be handy.

p.s.  While in Somerset, don't forget to try "farmhouse" cider.  Just don't be wanting to drive / walk / stand upright after sampling a few pints!

Maybe you should add 'trying to stay conscious' to the list :D

By the way, where is this conflict international site, it sounds like it could be quite close to where I live, could be handy.

Maybe you should add 'trying to stay conscious' to the list  :D

It is (or was) at the Avon Ski center over by Churchill:

http://www.highaction.co.uk/location.html

I've never been there as just as i was about to go there for the first time it went on hold due to health & Safety worries (if i remember right). But from what i hear from my mates who have been, it was a VERY good site. The sniper vs sniper games were legendary, aparently?

Ref the cider.. search for "Roger Wilkins Cider", and i Quote:

"Normally our cider comes out at about six or seven per cent strength, but when the apples are sweeter, it can be higher." nuff said!

Yarr, gotta love wilkies cider... :D

Conflict int is, if memory serves me right (and the map I looked at was accurate...) about ten minutes down the road from where I live, too. Shame it's closed, I'd love to have a local site when I'm at home... Got grange farm up in leicester but none that are brilliantly close when I'm at home <_<

Not entirely sure but I seem to recall that it would be opening up again soon; around now was the eta for it re-opening when I called about a year ago. may be good to give them another ring and see, methinks.

Yarr,

pahhh, you've been at uni too long.. get it right, i think what you meant to say was "yarp" ;) (not that i'm regional stereotyping or anything!)

Not entirely sure but I seem to recall that it would be opening up again soon; around now was the eta for it re-opening when I called about a year ago. may be good to give them another ring and see, methinks.

That's roughly what i thought, I'll try and give them a ring if i get the time next week.

Cheers guys, in the end i didnt end up going, cos we couldnt fit all the gear into the car <_< thanks anyway, i tried the cider though, OMFG it tastes rank :D !

i suppose city boys like us just arnt up to the potent cider :P

next time i go, i WILL make room for the gear

thanks

wilkies stuff is good. im 1/2 a mile from thatchers and thats good stuff as is richs's and numerous others small little producers hehe

Conflict international has been out of action from some time due to a large mine shaft opening on site. and some the last time i spoke to the chaps who ran it there(last december time) they had no plans to re open it as they never had more than 20 odd people there.

as for the rest of somesert.... ultimate airsoft is closest(hiya dave) and then next being dragon valley. ultimate used to have one by bristol airport but again it got shut down and last i heard was "in negotiations with the land owner" due to them wanting UA to use bio bb's on site.

However thats now been 9 months and no more news so I imagine its dead in the water also.

I heard there was a paintball site south of taunton that did occasional airsoft but never found it. theres some south of exeter but by the time your there you may as well go to DV or somewhere else.

I've only made it to UA so far as I've gotten into the ww2 skirmishes so not going to open days so frequently. but UA is very good. going to have to go to DV soon as im always hearing wonderful things about that. first things first tho my next ww2 skirmish is at UCAP *rubs hands evily*

Archived