Private Parts AAC SCAR silencer

0nslaught

does anyone have this silencer?

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=23098

how is the quality on it? is it built tough? how is the flash hider?

what is the threading on the flash hider? CW or CCW?

is this silencer only for SCAR's? i think i saw it on an hk416 before, but i cant find the picture anymore.

thanks

answered most of my own questions ;)

but still need to know if this silencer can fit different guns. I am planning to add this to my hk416 but i need to find out if this thing will fit...i saw a picture of an HK416 with the AAC Flash hider but i cant find it anymore. what is the threading for the flash hider?

The silencer will fit any gun with 14mm threads unfortunately at this time i dont remember what the threading on the FH was.

I know that you answered most of your own questions but i will answer them again since i actually own the silencer.

The first silencer and flash hider combo that i recieved was defective. The silencer can would not thread onto the body of the flash hider. Im guessing the threads were improperly cut from the factory.

After several weeks i finally sorted the issue with redwolf and they shipped me a replacement.

The can is very well made and its anodized, not painted. The flash hider on the other hand is painted pot metal and is nowhere near the quality level of the silencer body. The metal is soft and it scratches easily. The silencer on the other hand, due to the fact that its anodized is very resistent to scratches and wears extremely well. I smashed my silencer into a brick wall this past weekend and the silencer came away with no scratches whatsoever.

The silencer functions much like the real steel where its screwed down onto the body of the flash hider and then ratchets into place. The racheting function doesnt work quite the same as the real steel simply because its not as tight but you still know when the silencer is almost 100% threaded on because of the unique sound.

Function:

All in all, the silencer does almost nothing to reduce the sound of my already quiet scar despite the foam inserts in the can. It muffles the report of the gun ever so slightly but not dramatically. It doesnt add very much weight to the gun so its not a nuisance like some other silencers that weigh over a pound.

Its a good purchase considering you get a really neat AAC phantom styled flash hider and a silencer for 60 odd bucks.

hum, thanks alot Magsz. but do you know which way your turn your flash hider when you put it on?

so the flash hider is very scratch resistant, light, and made the way it should be. but since its very light, how strong is it? can it be bent with your hand? not that you would try, but is it a tough silencer?

so the flash hider gets scratched really easily? like lets say i take off my silencer and put it back on alot, and i put it on really tight, will the threads on the flash hider be silver? is it that bad?

thanks

14mm negative or ccw so you can stick it on any aeg that accepts it. The flashhider is not scratch resistent but it is made of steel (pass magnet test). The scratches are unavoidable since it uses a ratchet system, but it isn't something that detracts from the gun imho.

the construction of the can is pretty solid.....its tough.

I'd buy it just for the flashhider as i can care less for the can (not a silencer fan)....

DSC_0024.jpg

Yeah, the paint scratches on the flash hider are unavoidable. The good news is that a sharpie marker covers them up rather well and matches the color of the flash hider equally well.

The can on the other hand is anodized EXTREMELY well. Like i said earlier i bashed the poor thing up against god knows how many concrete walls at camp blanding this past weekend and it came away with only one small, teeny little scratch.

Blah, im with you man. Sadly enough, i bought the silencer/flash hider combo more for the flash hider than anything else. Still, i do find myself affixing the silencer from time to time when total length of my weapon isnt a hindrance.

Archived