King Arms to release last two variants of FN FAL

uscmCorps

King Arms are finally releasing the remainder of their FN FAL variations.

Info from Airsoft-News.eu

Last week STAR, this week King Arms: another batch of FN FAL replicas will be (or will be shortly) available from better stores:

FAL Carbine Folding Stock AEG (Mid Length FAL)

* Mid length FAL with folding stock.

* Aluminium metal body.

* Reinforced gear box.

* Adjustable hop-up , front sight and rear sight.

* Detailed imitation gas tube and gas block.

* 90rd magazine included.

* Weight: 3070g

* Length: 990mm

kafalcarxf8.jpg

FAL PARA AEG (Full Length FAL)

* Full length FAL with folding stock.

* Aluminium metal body.

* Reinforced gear box.

* Adjustable hop-up , front sight and rear sight.

* Detailed imitation gas tube and gas block.

* 90rd magazine included.

* Weight: 3240g

* Length: 1150mm

kafalparawo4.jpg

Having spoken to a contact at King Arms a few weeks back, he was pretty firm on the point that King Arms would not sell these last two variants any time soon because they didn't want their releases to affect the release of their Shorter PARA FAL. Which prompted me to buy the long FAL with full stock and buy the folding stock seperately. And now they come out with these. <_< Granted I paid less than wholesale HK prices for mine, but it still kinda ticks me off.

What annoys me is the weight of the KA FAL being so light that it feels like a toy even though KA guns are precision crafted.

Am waiting for the STAR or the CA, hopefully they will be real weight and with field stripping.

I've read reports that the CA SA58 is lighter than the King Arms FAL. The KA FAL may not be accurate in weight, but I really don't think I'd want my own FAL to be any heavier than it already is. Mine is a decent skirmish weight right now.

Also, the CA and STAR versions of the FAL are directed at very different markets. The STAR is supposedly in Semi-fire only and is a recreation of the British L1A1. The CA SA58 is a modernized version of the FAL. The Star is promising, especially for those interested in an accurate looking L1A1, but their QC leaves a lot to be desired. Personally, I'm more keen on the CA SA58 as my preference is for modern weapons, and CA has a pretty decent QC rating these days.

I've also got my eye on the SA58, but I'm going to wait until it comes with a folding stock.

Me too. Once they do that and release long mags (standard or midcaps please CA... I won't touch hi-caps!) I'll be able to build my ideal SA58 OSW:

sa58_osw.jpg

Until then... VFC can have all my money with their kick *albatross* new toys. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived