'Action Micro' Lasers?

Vamp V^^V

Well, I don't have an "Action Micro" laser, although I have heard of them. I recently purchased one of THESE from eBay for the princely sum of £28. OK, the adjustment turrets are a bit 'hit-and-miss' due to not holding a zero particularly well (no worse than the action adjustable method I expect), but the 35mW beam has to be seen to be believed! Erm, which it can be quite easily :P.

There's no two ways about it, these particular lasers are too strong to be used in-game as even a brief flash across someone's eyes could cause real harm. But they do look impressive before and after the games (it's an image thing ;)). They also came in handy at the last Ground Zero weekender, as on the Saturday night I had the doors of the car open with War Of The Worlds playing at full blast (on a 1kW amplifier, it's impressive) and the sky lit up with a green laser show. It was fantastic :D.

If you want a green laser, I would say stick to 5mw, you might not be able to see the beam in daylight, but the spot will be very visible, and it'll be safer for others.

@SWAT Strachan -- I have that exact laser I think (if it's made my LXGD) and mine says 10mw... The adjustments hold well enough on mine.. it's the actual laser that I have a problem with. These cheaper ones seem to have a habit of having a bright beam then a dim beam... then a bright beam then dim and so on. They are not consistent i mean. Is this all lasers?

I'm going to replace mine with a G&P 10mw one which I know is good. I'd go for the more expensive if I were you.

I haven't had that problem with mine yet, although I think when it does happen it's due to dirty contacts at the laser end of the battery tube. I have a couple of LED torches that do the same thing, and a quick rub down of the terminals with a little fine-grit sandpaper gets it back to working order. I think they tend to use cheaper metals in the electrics which oxidise more rapidly, easily corrected though.

I probably would go for the more expensive option if I had the money, but I'm scraping funds together for a Star AW-338 first ;).

it's the actual laser that I have a problem with. These cheaper ones seem to have a habit of having a bright beam then a dim beam... then a bright beam then dim and so on. They are not consistent i mean. Is this all lasers?

No, its common with cheap lasers, for a constant beam brightness you have to step up a bit in price.

Archived