kimber slide +2011 frame?

urbandork

From a pure technical/replica stand point would it make sence to put a kimber slide on to a 2011 frame (svi, sti, double stacker polymer grip) .

Would it make sence from a replica stand point or would it never happen in the real steel world because the parts really wouldnt fit or something. Or would it actually be a good/sound idea in the realsteel world and thus presentable in the airoft/replica world.

I ask because theres an metal kimber slide for the tm hicapa which is a copy of a 2011 frame. I love the kimbers serations on the front and back but would hate to have it mount on a 2011 frame when it can/only should be mounted on a std 1911 single stacker frame. Yes it works for airsoft but would it actually happen or have a equavelent in the real steel world. (kinda like those hicap/m4 fed mags for the p90)

Thanks you guys.

Hi urbandork What does it matter even if Kimber started to make a double stack 45 mag you would still need to swap the hi-capa sights for the standed feather tale ones and cut the frame.

Get the slide I have a springfield armory Hi-capa (made buy the same company) they look the nuts.

Picture_003_web.JPG

Safariland 6004 Tac Light Holster

Blackhawk Mag Pouch

G&G Tac Light

CRKT Knife (On Holster)

TSG Lanyard

PGC Springfied Slide

PGC Durable Loading Nozzle

PGC Piston Head

RCC Cylinder Valve

Carom Custom Sear

Nine Ball Hamer Spring Housing

Nine Ball 6.03 Inner Barrel

Nine Ball Three Hole Short Custom Trigger

Nine Ball Hi Speed Recoil Spring

Nine Ball Hammer Spring

Nine Ball High Flow Mag Valve

urbandork,

Nothing would prevent you from putting a Kimber slide on a modular hicap frame in the real-steel world.

Kimber does its own proprietary hicap frame, for the Kimber Ten-series:

stainlessten_II.jpg

Kimber Ten II

However, a regular 1911 Kimber top end would fit on an STI/SV/Caspian hicap frame (barring any Series 80+ firing pin safety issues, which aren't replicated in the airsoft world anyway).

Whether it makes *sense* is another story. My point of view on Kimber, which I seem to share with lots of people, is that it's a "grunt gun", something you buy, shoot the c**p out of, discard. If you're going to build from the ground up, might as well get a good slide and barrel, y'know :)

The Kimber Custom II, chosen for the LAPD SWAT Custom II which everybody seems to drool over, is an entry-level 1911 with plenty of MIM parts and other dubious "features".

That said, if you like the look, go for it, but if it's only the serrations you're after keep in mind that STI does similar serrations and Heinie SlantPro rear sights on their "tactical" double-stackers:

VIP05_280w.jpgSTI VIP

Tactical415_280w.jpgSTI Tactical

M.

cool thanks guys. As for the sti serations they are a little to wide and for me and not deep enough.

i might actually go with the springfeild slide now. I think i like how the serations are a little bit closer together then the kimbers. Ill have to see.

Archived