WA SCW-Magna Slide/Frame Compatibility

Catchv22

I remember on the old forums there was a huge thread on the SCW1s when they first came out. Many people tried swapping parts and fiddling around. I remember that the slide from one of the generations could be mated with the frame of another, but I don't remember which is which. Does anyone know if the SCW slides are compatible with the Magna frames?

Thanks

Catchv22,

It's not so much slide/frame compability as the blowback chamber. SCW1/2 has a redesigned blowback chamber (the breech, really).

You can stick a Magna bbk chamber in an SCW slide without much problem, though, and I assume, vice versa.

From everything I've read about specific compability, I have never had a problem when mating SCW/non-SCW slides and frames freely back and forth, using the appropriate bbk chamber for the frame selected.

Others report on Magna slides working on SCW frames but not the other way around, but like I said, my personal experience shows this is not the case. As always, your mileage may vary.

The only real non-compability thing is the barrel chamber, which on SCW guns has a wider space for the inner chamber, due to the inner chamber-assembly for the new hop-up. You can file down the chamber to fit in magna, or file down the magna outer chamber to fit an SCW-inner, without any problems, I recently did it on a new pistol I'm building because the threading of an SCW outer barrel+slide combo only accepted a Magna outer chamber, stupidly enough.

M.

mmmmm - I remembered having problems with SCW and Magna POs...

"Interestingly, the SCW HRT worked fine with the Magna R system 14-45 slide fitted, but the 14-45 refused to work at all with the SCW system HRT slide fitted. "

There you go :)

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived