TM AK-47, jamming, and general durability.

tr1gg3r_h4ppy

Hey guys, long story short.

Over the last few skirmishes, I had my Marui AK jam on full auto. I would fire and then The gearbox would stop cycling and I would pull the trigger and just hear the mechanical click of the contacts and the trigger itself. I would switch to semi auto, and then it would clear up. It happened once one day and two the next.

I believe this might have something to do with the selector plate.

Should I order a replacement part? And if so which?

Also, while I'm inside of my gun is there anything else that can be done for durability?

I was contemplating changing to metal bushings and a new hop up bucking, possibly even new hop up.

I want to keep my gun running at stock power pristinely.

What are the best parts to throw in for this?

Thanks guys,

Trigger

PS. Sorry for the scatterbrained post, it's still quite early here.

It could be something as simple as a dirty/loose connection somewhere.

Does it stop firing suddenly or does the rof slow beforehand?

The other posibility is the selector assembly itself. Where the selector arm fits over the alloy piece that goes through the side of the receiver, the alloy piece can wear. Then, when you move the selector arm, the selector mechanism 'lags' slightly.

It's also possible that with the vibration of firing, the selector mechanism can move slightly without the lever moving, then you 'reset' the mechanism when you go to semi and back again.

Take the arm off with the alloy piece and see if they move, relative to each other.

On my AKs, I've epoxy'd these two parts together, there's no need for them to be separate.

If this is the problem, and you fix them together, make sure you position them (before glueing) so the selector arm is as far 'up' as it will go in relation to the alloy piece (as it would be when on the gun)

Does that make sense? It's one of those things that's really simple, but really hard to describe in type :huh:

It just suddenly stops.

Like it usually comes right after a burst so it'll be

braaaapp... brraaaaappp. click... *WTF click...

I think I understand what you are saying.

My selector arm if that is the actual external lever has always been very tight, and has actually dug into the body 0.0

Maybe pictures would help.

Thanks so much,

Trigger

It will feel tight due to the rear rubbing on the body but there can still be slack in the system from the wear I described.

It does sound more like an electrical fault though.

The main problem you get with the worn selector assembly is the gun won't fire in auto (if auto is the lower setting as it is on some clones) or semi (if that's the lower setting)

Take the selector lever off, and the alloy piece, and hold them together as they would be on the gun.

Then see if there is any movement of the two pieces relative to each other.

Archived