A.C.M RSOV CIRAS

Icemaster109

Hey, I am not really new. But I have a friend here that is interested in getting a A.C.M CIRAS from RSOV. I am not really famaliar with RSOV stuff, nor this vest. I wanted to get some peoples opinions on it? Does it carry replica plates and soft armor? Is it utter ######? Will it work for a new guy trying to get into airsoft?

Here is the link to it below.

A.C.M CIRAS

ACM stands for All-China-Made and is usally associated with "cheapsoft". Often times the products are, quite frankly, inferior to anything else on the market. Loose/unsecured stitching, forgetting to lockstitch material when finished, poor stitching on PALS webbing, not "taping" the seams, et cetera is extremely common with ACM gear, kind of like failure to have quality control inspect their AEGs. (Judgement from photographs, in-person inspection, and use.) Sometimes you'll also see fewer rows of PALS webbing, PALS webbing which is too close together/far apart, not enough distance between stitches, et cetera. I really can't tell from the picture, but my gut feeling about this vest is that the only upside to this vest is that it only costs 35 GBP (~80 USD). Just be really careful when you buy it. If I were you I'd either save my money for a better product, or I'd get a different type of loadbearing equipment. If you've really got your heart set on it, go for it. I would strongly recommend against it, though. If you do buy it be ready for the following major disappointments:

Does not fit other brands or real deal PALS/MOLLE pouches

Does not have enough webbing to move up those ammo pouches a row or two (where they are now, the vest will ride up when you bend over, digging into your throat which is a very uncomfortable experience).

Pouches are not properly stitched on and therefore fall apart after only minimal use.

Insufficient denier on pouches, causing nylon to wear out after only minimum use. (Pouches should be 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon, 750 Denier bare minimum...anything less and they'll wear out too quickly...especially ammunition pouches.)

Poor stitching on the PALS/MOLLE webbing, so it falls apart after only minimal use switching pouches in and out.

If you want something to field as an interim to find out if you really like Airsoft or not and don't want to throw out a lot of money on something you're not sure of? Go for it. If you're really tight on money for a month or two and will be able to afford better soon, wait it out and buy something better when you can.

That, though, is just my .02.

i actually have one of these in od and as a starter its not a bad vest. its well made for a change with good stitching, all the pouches are ok and will survive well. its a good starter vest and will last a good while, the only thing i wasnt keen on with mine was the sides where the elastice that holds the front to the back is visible and on mine its black not OD but not sure what these are as i kow one chap that actually has od elastic on his. so if your in the market for cheap and cant afford anything else like a lot of us cant as we have homes to pay for etc then this is a good vest and i recommend it to anyone wanting a cheap vest to get used to before they start spending big bucks on a vest.

but in short it works well for me and offers just enough protection for general woodland skirmishing but for CQB id consider something more like one of the interceptor replicas availible on ebay. it also comes (or at least mine did) with foam inserts and im lead to believe looking at it that i can take rep plates but i havent tried.

hope that helps

I've been knocking around with a ACM CIRAS for a little under a year, and I'm one hundred percent going to end up getting an eagle, very soon. All of my PAL's stitching is getting knackered, the vest it's self is not the right size for the set-up I want to have, as there are rows of PALS missing. My elastic shows, one of my side panels is torn off, and held on to the vest by the actual Velcro. It's a starter, it may last you awhile, but in the end, you get what you pay for. I guess I shouldn't complain as I paid 15 bucks for mine, and I've gotten through quite a few ops with it, but it's the only load bearing equipment that I have had that I enjoy. So, Eagle will be getting some of my money, much needed.....

ACM stands for All-China-Made and is usally associated with "cheapsoft". Often times the products are, quite frankly, inferior to anything else on the market. Loose/unsecured stitching, forgetting to lockstitch material when finished, poor stitching on PALS webbing, not "taping" the seams, et cetera is extremely common with ACM gear, kind of like failure to have quality control inspect their AEGs. (Judgement from photographs, in-person inspection, and use.) Sometimes you'll also see fewer rows of PALS webbing, PALS webbing which is too close together/far apart, not enough distance between stitches, et cetera. I really can't tell from the picture, but my gut feeling about this vest is that the only upside to this vest is that it only costs 35 GBP (~80 USD). Just be really careful when you buy it. If I were you I'd either save my money for a better product, or I'd get a different type of loadbearing equipment. If you've really got your heart set on it, go for it. I would strongly recommend against it, though. If you do buy it be ready for the following major disappointments:

Does not fit other brands or real deal PALS/MOLLE pouches

Does not have enough webbing to move up those ammo pouches a row or two (where they are now, the vest will ride up when you bend over, digging into your throat which is a very uncomfortable experience).

Pouches are not properly stitched on and therefore fall apart after only minimal use.

Insufficient denier on pouches, causing nylon to wear out after only minimum use. (Pouches should be 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon, 750 Denier bare minimum...anything less and they'll wear out too quickly...especially ammunition pouches.)

Poor stitching on the PALS/MOLLE webbing, so it falls apart after only minimal use switching pouches in and out.

If you want something to field as an interim to find out if you really like Airsoft or not and don't want to throw out a lot of money on something you're not sure of? Go for it. If you're really tight on money for a month or two and will be able to afford better soon, wait it out and buy something better when you can.

That, though, is just my .02.

if thats your 2 cents... no wonder the dollar is so worthless....

they are not eagle quality, they re not going to take a beating....

but here are some corrections of the above post:

Yes they do fit other brands and real deal molle pouches,

pouches are ok, ive used some for yonks, again, not mil specification, but work pretty good

webbing isnt uber awesome, but its stiteched on well enough to constantly rip the pouches on and off....

its not expensive as you said, so hes not burning money....

you say you dont know about the vest, but your 'gut' tells you... well sorry, your views on chinese airsoft products are somewhat dated.

I have an acm fsbe, from about 6 months ago, and one of these, they alust fine, they arnt amazing, but they are very good for the money. they dont fall apart, and the CIRAS is actually milspex quality... or the other higher quality replica brand i forget... (tango?) the pouches are sturdy enough, need some stretching, but work fine, zips are a bit iffy on the utility, but otherwise fine, the vest doesnt ride up and you can move the pouches up so they dont overhang, they go fairly small, and large, and to be honest, its a bargain. I would say go for it, for a newbie, by the time it gives up, youll have changed your mind about loadouts anyway....

the vest has my vote, the quoted user could evidently do with some help taking his foot out of his mouth.

R

I've been knocking around with a ACM CIRAS for a little under a year,...... I paid 15 bucks for mine, and I've gotten through quite a few ops with it,

Seems like thats almost the point. Minimal investment, a decent amount of time. Great for a starter.

I have not personally owned a ACM CIRAS, but I know someone that does, and he says basically the same things. The vest might not be Eagle quality, but it will do.

(tango?) the pouches are sturdy enough, need some stretching

I have the Tango Ciras in OD and I really like it, definitely a good vest. Just wondering how you stretched your pouches Bella, my mag pouches are really struggling to hold 2 G&P midcaps each. No way they'll fit with Magpulls on, and they're in there so tight you cant pull them out/put them back in without basically tearing off the pouch :P

Oh, by the way Icemaster, I recommend that you get some sort of CIRAS, because they rule basically :D they're adjustable in ways you wouldnt think possible, comfy, ability to put anything anywhere and if you ever find yourself on fire, you can quickly release it :P

- Cheers

a rule of thumb ive learnt through my wallet is that you can never beat real deal. Only problem for us in the UK is getting it is expensive, mainly due ot import and postage charges. The thing is an eagle ciras will set you back about 300 to 400 quid brand new. While they are awesome it maybe better to go with some of the stuff from guarder / jtec, slightly more expensive but is better quality and do what you want. I myself have had a variety of plate carriers (blackwater, eagle and some cheapsoft stuff) and while i love my blackwater one it cost me. At the end of the day its how much your willing to spend.

Archived