Pictorial Review: ACM Vltor E-Mod and DBoys Clubfoot

This is a dual review of the ACM Vltor Emod stock and DBoys Vltor Clubfoot, both from RSOV (great retailer, even if shipping was slow).

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking, then interject my comments at the end.

img1701dj8.th.jpg

img1702zq3.th.jpg

img1703ma8.th.jpg

img1704nj4.th.jpg

img1705fm6.th.jpg

img1706di9.th.jpg

img1707fi9.th.jpg

img1708la4.th.jpg

Yes, I purposely took more pictures of the E-mod, simply because the Clubfoot isn't much to look at by comparison.

I must say, the ACM Emod is just rediculously nice. The trademarks on the Emod are a very nice touch, and the plastic is substantially beefy. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the Emod was a real Vltor product! The tube caps are even rubber sealed, and nicely too. For the measly price I paid, I may have to buy a few more! The color is just about an exact match to the Magpul PTS MIAD grip too. Nice job, whoever makes this! Doesn't come with a stock tube though, which wasn't a biggie for me.

The Clubfoot. The spring for the catch that holds the stock in place on the tube is a little weak. I'd recommend replacing it with something a little more substantial, it's much nicer. The 6-pos stock tube it came with was a little rough around the edges, but it does it's job. The spacer for inside the tube has a definate cutout for wiring, definately setup for a battery (It looks like a direct copy of my Prime stock). The finish isn't nearly as nice as the E-mod, and the plastic seems a little brittle, but again, it's meant to have a battery in it, which beefs it up. Overall, not a bad buy for $30 or whatever I paid.

I compared the ACM FDE EMOD Stock to a RS FDE EMOD Stock. The quality of the ACM model is good especially for the price.

To point out where the ACM and RS ones differ:

(1) The release on the RS one is much more solid and consistent.

(2) The rubber on the plugs of the ACM version are simply sleeves, where as the RS one are molded caps. This isn't a huge deal as the ACM one will probably work well to keep moisture out, but probably won't be as hardy as that of the RS one.

(3) There is some mold flashing present on the parts, especially on the rubber pad.

(4) The FDE of the ACM clone is off, and is a much darker tone than that of the RS FDE. While it's closer to the darker shade of the Magpul PTS FDE MIAD, the problem there is ( a ) the Magpul PTS MIAD's FDE color is wrong compared to a real Magpul FDE color, and ( b ) RS Magpul's FDE and RS VLTOR's FDE are two different colors. I can't comment on the OD Green colors as I didn't have a RS one to compare to, but I did pick up a black ACM EMOD as they couldn't really mess up that color. ;)

For the price, the ACM EMODs are excellent replicas, plus they have the correct trademarks which, for me, is a key factor. As for adapting them to work on our airsoft guns with batteries in them, I wrote a simple tutorial here.