Breaching Shotgun Retention

[BS]_MARS

This is my home made, cheap as dirt and quick as hell weapons catch for the 870 shotgun (or other guns). It’s simply a large ziptie very securely taped onto a grimlock. All you have to do is get a grimlock, size the ziptie’s diameter so that your weapon won’t fall through but is still quick to draw and then tape the two together. Here are pictures and a short video of it in use.

BreachingCatch2.jpg

BreachingCatch4.jpg

BreachingCatch6.jpg

BreachingCatch.jpg

BreachingCatch5.jpg

BreachingCatch7.jpg

th_Breaching.jpg

The SAS CRW teams and ARUs', when using a breaching shotgun such as an 870 just use bungees.

//Edit: Oh, I see someone linked to that Survival Secrets thing. IIRC, it explains about the bungees in there.

I like that method and have tried it but the problems I had was that the shotgun would fly around smashing into things left and right. Now, that might not be such a bad thing for a real shotgun, they can take it, but a plastic airsoft shotgun wouldn't fair so well. Also, with a bungee, you cannot transition to the other side and you have to stand right in front of the door to breach it, not the best place to be. Also, you can pass the shotgun off with my method. I like both ways, I just think my method works better for myself, thats why I use it over the bungee method.

Archived