BE AUG Upgrading... would it be worth it?

Con3jo

Hi all..

I am thinking about doing a project with a BE AUG. Now I understand that this isnt exactly the greatest gun out there. I'm thinking of basically switching out all the ###### internals and replacing most if not all with TM/CA parts. I am being sold this gun for $25 and I'm thinking of this mainly as a starter gun for now.

How compatible exactly is the BE AUG with aftermarket parts?

Would it be a realistic solution given the current prices of guns in Canada?(which are EXTREMELY high) or should I just wait and save up for something better?

I'm not all too sure if this project would be worth persueing... just like to hear some input from you guys before I attempt.

You can.. but no it is not realistic. I would suggest you get a JG AUG if you really want your moneys worth.

A major draw back to the BE AUG is that it lacks hop-up.. which an after market assembly will probably run you more than the price of the gun itself. Plus the externals are total garbage, and in the end you'll just be wasting your money.

But don't get me wrong it is one hell of a plinker ^_^

^--- What he said!

I've used a BE Aug carbine for a few years now as my "spare" weapon as it's nice and lightweight for when my arms get tired later on in the day (I'm getting old i know!) and it's also really good for CQB as the lack of hop doesn't really matter at those ranges. Although i have also used it in woodland on a number of occasions, you just have to accept the fact that you'll get the occasional 'flyer'.

I also now run a JG Aug as my primary weapon and when you compare the two, there are some big differences.

I'm not saying that a TM/CA gearbox won't fit in the BE, but if it doesn't fit in and work 100% right the 1st time then the REALLY cheap plastic of the BE won't be up to much modifying.

While I'm on the subject of plastic, there are also a few design flaws with the BE caused by the replacement of metal parts with plastic ones. The rod that goes from the trigger to the gearbox being one annoying one due to the extra flex. But it is easily modified with a few bits of cardboard and some super glue (or dynamat)

I know you're being offered this cheaply and TBH you'd be a fool to turn it down. But you may as well just get it and use it as it is, as all brand all snobbery aside it WILL "do" for skirmishes until you can get yourself sorted with something a bit more sturdy and i can say that from personal experience!

I'd also say that any money you would have spent on upgrading the internals on the BE you may as well save up and spend on a JG Aug instead!

Archived