Barrett M82 Dimensions.

I know a couple of you guys have built your own on here, so hopefully you'll be able to answer my questions, so on the real steel...

What is the diameter of the outer barrel?

Some info I have read says the Barrett is 57" long and other places say it is 61" can some someone clarify the length please? Also how wide is the Barrett at its widest point?

Can someone also tell me the length of the gun minus the barrel?

The pistol grip seems to be an Armalite style grip, and the fire selector also seems to be an Armalite style one, am I right?

Sorry to ask so many questions and apologise for any mistakes.

Many thanks in advance :D

-BHH

The M82A3 is 1445mm long, the M82A1 is 150mm longer (with the same receiver). The pic on the Barrett webpage shows the 1445mm long version. The sides of the hexa/octa tube is around 30mm +- few mm. You can easily get the measurements from a high quality side photo. Get a part that you can measure. The grip is a good start because you can get M16 grips without problem. Measure the height/width or other characteristic dimension and scale the reference picture to match it like 1mm/1pixel or something. After that, you can verify or fine tune the result using the length of the full gun/reference pic. Or the way around.

Exactly. I took the picture from the Barrett site. I was unable to extract the actual picture from the picture viewer thingy on their site so I print screened it together with photoshop. At the end I ended up with a pic that has a scale of 3 pixels/1mm. From that it was very simple to measure. Selected a part, the photoshop told me the width and the height of the selection. I divided the numbers by 3 and got the actual mm value.

What do you mean by takedown without barrel?

I have checked several 3D models (including the google sketchup) and they are all out of proportion in one way or an other. I still think the best way would be to use some high detail reference pics or get a real Barrett from somewhere.

Archived