Springer Diagrams?

Aces21

Hey guys

I just recently got into airsoft and bought a couple springers (a HFC XM-177 and a TM USP). I wanted to try to upgrade the XM so i took it apart. It was a big mistake. I was wondering if there were gun diagrams for springers for poor people like me. Does anybody have a link?

TIA, Ace

@ rhino

Its all good mate, next time i go over to my friends house Ill grab his digi-cam and take some shots.

I get the gun back together all right and dandy, but its the internals that are screwing me up. I get the gun looking like a gun, but i just can get it to shoot.

Ace

Right! (throws blood covered surgical coat onto floor), i've carved the M16 up and had a jiggery-pokery with her internals. Theres a few pics here so you can see whats going on.

When you open the rifle up, the first thing you should check is if the T charging handle is in the correct place

m16breakdown2001.jpg

secondly, check the spring that holds the trigger in place. It should be on like this

m16breakdown4001.jpg

(White arrow indicates where the spring should be held onto the trigger release.)

(Red arrow indicates where the other end of the spring has to be positioned)

Now this is what i think has happened. When you open the M16 up, the trigger release knocks backwards, so that a shot cannot be taken

m16breakdown3001.jpg

You need to put the release back onto the trigger like this (check the difference of the above photo compared to the bottom one, you'll see what i mean.)

m16bits002.jpg

Now hopefully, when all these things have been done and the M16 is put back together, it SHOULD work.

(please bear in mind that this is for the Kangnam M16 which is similar to the Academy M16 internally hence depending on the layout of your M16's innards, it may/may not work)

I hope this is some help to you. Let us know if it works.

I opened up the box that I kept all the parts of the XM today and tried to put it back together.

Apparently i lost a couple of parts because i cant seem to find the fire select switch anywhere.

So im just going to take out the internals and paint it for as display for my room. If airsoft ever makes it in Oregon I'll just pick up an AEG.

Thanks a lot for the help and pics Rhino

Archived