G&G mp5 mag compatibility, SD front conversion, battery options and overall opinions wanted

sigmaboy

well im deciding between the CA mp5SD5, and the G&G mp5a4.

but i liek the G&G MUCH better intenally, so were gonna focus on that one for now.

i want a mp5 SD5, but G&G doesnt make one, so i want to either buy a CA front end (will cost 105 shipped), or but a JG mp5SD5, and swap the front ends. ive been warned of G&G and how theyre not as compatible as CA and other manufactures. so would i be able to install either a CA SD front set or a JG front set.

now onto mag compatibilty, has anyone tried teh new S-Arms 150 round mp5 mids in there G&G mp5? i would much rather only carry 7-8 150 round mids than 10-11 90 rounds MAG mids.

also, whats the largest Mah 9.6 elite celled battery i can fit in the stock.

and lastly, what are your opinions and thoughts on the G&G mp5?

after its all over i plan on having a PDI 6.01, new bucking and nub in it as well as some spring to get it aorund 400 and hopefully thatll be all. and if i go the "get-the-JG-and-swap-front-ends" route ill turn the JG into a super highspeed, low fps, night game weapon.

thanks in advance.

It will be ultimately cheaper to get the CA, as you can get the externally version you want - and upgrading internals is cheaper than buying new external parts.

More to the point, there is very little difference in the G&G and CA in terms of feel and finish - they are both very nice. and you will not be dissapointed with the quality of the CA.

The S-arms should be the same capacity as the others, I regularly load mine and they hold around 120-130. Plus, I have never had problems with either MAG midcaps or G&P Metal mid-caps feeding - they are pretty perfect as magazines.

and a 6.01 in regarded largely to be a little overkill in an AEG and can result in jamming when using lots of bbs.

My recommendation is CA, largest battery that will fit, Promy 6.03, Guarder clear bucking and nub and you will be happy as a kite.

i have already have a DBC 6.01, and the only thing id trade it for is a PDI 6.01, which is what im doing in this case. i have put close to 65k rounds through it of nothing but matrix and TSD bio bbs (which have very visable ridges) ranging from .20s, .23s, and .25s.

i definetly want teh G&G as my base gun, the externals are marginally better, and the internals blow CA out of the water. so maybe ill just get a new lighted forgrip along with a silencer of sorts.

any more opinions are still welcome.

It's easy to make a short barreled gun accurate, I would save your dough and get a Madbull tightbore. You can always get a JG SD5 and stick a complete 8mm reinfoced gearbox in it with an m120 and all the metal goodies. From what i've seen of A4's and SD5's, you have to dremmel out the stock and make it completely hollow to get a large 9.6 in there, my friend's 8.4 barely fits in his JG A4 RAS's stock. I don't know how those mags are in the G&G, but my friend uses them with JG A4 RAS and they work flawlessly, isn't it 17 bucks for a 150 round mag and 8 for a 90? So, it costs you the same as two 90 round midcaps as one 150 round, but you get 180 rounds, why don't you just get a Tac vest with all M4 mag pouches so you can stick 2-3 mags in each pouch. They have the nice Blackhawk ones on LAPoliceGear.com for 50 bucks.

never in my life will i touch a teflon coated barrel, ill stick with a top of the line 6.01

the reason i want either the CA or G&G is the body, and the takedown. i worked on my friends E1 mp5a4, and it took me 3.5 hours to install a madbul TB and guarder bucking. the body literally splits in half...the long way. and the extra 100 or so id spend on getting either teh G&G or the CA instead of the JG is worth it to me because of the metal body and the easy takedown body alone. let alone the AK style hop up, which is a fantastic design.

i want the S-arms mags because i currently carry 14 or so m4 MAG mids with me onto the field, and i dont like it, i would much rather carry less mags with more capacity. also, theyre metal, which is a plus, and i wont have to change mags every 3.5 seconds like i would if i got the MAG set. i have a tac vest, FSBE that is pretty decked out with suitcase all over it.

and i will be putting the mp5 mag in m4 pouches. i can get 3 in each mag pouch, so ill have a double m4 mag pouch, so thats 6 mags on my vest, and then have another taped together in the gun for a total of 1200 rounds loaded. if thats not enough (it should be though), ill put the mags in my triple m4 mag pouch, so thatll be 9 mags in the vest, and 1 in the gun, which would be 1500 rounds.

my friend with the E1 mp5a4, the 8.4 battery they include with the gun is only 1500mah, but its a fugging HUGE battery, and there really is no room for anymore space. but i should be able to fit a 9.6 2200 or so battery in there without having to mod it. but i might pick up a 10.8 for it. well see i guess.

Archived