Hop up rubber worries

jez

Hey people

Just got a TM/Dboys custom made from parts M16 of a friend of mine that he had built (or had a friend to build) and once it had been charged i tested it and it was dropping after 40 feet

so after taking the whole gun apart and stripping the hop unit i soon found that one of the lower wheels had come off and the pin was almost hanging out, put all of that right but after taking the tiny rubber out it turned out to be a small peice of 1 core cable! i mean it had copper in the middle

it seems to fire fine now, but will this be ok?, is it a quick fix? or are they all like this?

Thanks

The hop rubber is usually a hollow piece of rubber. You might want to get a proper piece eventually, but, if it's firing fine, it should be ok. I think people have used bits of biro ink tube before (pretty sure I read that on this site)

Yeah the hop-up nub can be any kind of tube in the correct size. It doesn't really matter what it is, but hardness and diameter will affect how the hop-up unit as a whole performs. If the nub is too fat and too hard, it may cause BB jamming in the hop-up. It all depends on mechbox power output and hardness of the hop-up bucking (and probably other factors).

Yeah well it seems fine for now, ill give it a good game on sunday but ill be popping up wolfs on saturday so ill see what i can get for it

but come to think of it im not even sure its TM or Dboys as it has no markings whatsoever

any way of telling otherwise?

no markings whatsoever

then it's a Dboys , TM's have TM trademarks on them.

the cable was probably a bodge job because ( I guess) your mate lost the proper one?

but if it works fine, leave it.

and dont waste money at Wolf... ( yuck)

or try one of these

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1080

Jim

Archived