How to Ghillie a gun?

vowlesy

Ok basically i want ghillie up my gun :) Its a VSR-10 clone if that makes any diffrence. But basically i want to ask materials are best to use? I'm intending on just sewing a big long string of greens rags and netting and camo together and then rapping it round the gun.

Is this the best way to go?

Thanks!

If you have a ghillie suit then I'd go for a similar material to what that is made from, most likely burlap strips but anything that will break up the shape can be used. I've seen some people use old DPM shirts which have worked pretty well.

When I did mine I just used some scrim net wrapped around the barrel then tied it on with long strips of scrim to break up the shape slightly. I can also use the strips to tie on local vegatation to add to the cam.

Heres a few pics.

PICT0169-2.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

PICT0177.jpg

I'm guessing you dont have your membership sorted yet.

Get yourself some of this to cover the nastyness and then if you ever need to it comes off leaving no mess. Theres a bit of the tape on my scope in the first pic, it is a little light but if you rub it with dirty hands it'll pick up the dirt and darken down nicely.

When it comes time to spray it get yourself some nail polish remover for false nails and some cotton wool and most of nastyness will come off with some gentle rubbing, it is a messy job tho. Once thats done give it a wash with clean water, a light sanding then get your self off to halfords and get some matt black paint or find some krylon.

Believe it or not my gun was also a two tone when I got it but some OD krylon soon sorted that out :)

Archived