WA SVI SCW3 UPGRADED firing problems

jamestsao

Well, i kinda fixed the chamber problem in my previous thread but a new problem has arised. I load up the gun, gas it, then fire. I get no more than 3 shots with a cloud spewing out each time. It is a WA SVI 6 inch scw3

Upgrades:

SD Slide

Guarder outer barrel

Guarder chamber

King arms 150% springs

SD magwell

guarder mag lips

Guarder mag rubber

everything else is completely stock.

Any ideas?

I plan on purchasing SD Pom loading nozzle and a new tighter o-ring.

It sounds like your gun is just putting out way, way too much gas per shot.

Did you drop all of these upgrades in together?

Normally, what I would do is go back as far stock as possible, install one upgrade at a time and isolate what is causing the problem. The key ones being hammer spring, chamber and slide.

My friend had a similar problem on a SCW2 gun that was going 2 shots then venting, but the first two shots were hitting hard and then the third shot would just vent all the gas. Ended up being because his firing pin wasn't returning, it would get stuck on part of the valve. But that was in a full metal PGC kit, it seems like yours is mostly stock (as far as functional components go).

Yeah it is, One other problem i have noticed is the floating valve spring gets stuck on the hole where the gas goes in the nozzle. I have to sometimes stick a pin to put it back into place.

I will check up on the firing pin, also how did he fix this? My gun did this before i installed the hammer spring too so i dont know

When exactly did the problem start? Did it ever function right? A lot of time when you drop in a set of upgrades it becomes hard to pinpoint what causes the problem.

My buddy fixed his by changing the firing pin, but that was all due to his full metal PGC kit which changed the position of the firing pin somewhat.

Its weird, it started randomly out of nowhere. Yes it did work with the metal slide quite well actually got 50 rounds per mag. Then it started getting worse, first down to like 25 rounds, then 15, then 5, then now.. I switched out the upgrade parts to stock parts then readded them one by one and still the same....I guess we'll see what happens when i purchase a new nozzle.

Also, i am using propane.

It aint the mag. Im pretty sure because i let my friend borrow it after his feed lips broke and it worked fine in his. Its got a guarder mag lips and guarder rubber seal on it.

I also noticed a chunk off of my nozzle is missing. Also, does the floating valve spring getting stuck on the nozzle tell u anything? I stated this few posts behind.

I can't imagine how the floating valve spring would move out of position. It's seated inside of the nozzle. It definitely doesn't sound like it would help your situation.

If everything functions fine when you cycle it by hand, and you're sure the mag isn't the problem then a new nozzle is definitely the only cause left. I would try a new mag just to be sure, but at the same time I can recommend the shooters design nozzle set as a great replacement/upgrade set. I have one full set in one of my pistols and another set with CP Custom floating valve in my other 1911 and both cycle great and function more crisp after the change.

Archived