WE magazine follower

ST19AG_WGreymon

These things have the tendency to break ALOT. I'm really not in the mood to purchase another PLASTIC magazine follower replacement just to have it break again. Does anyone know of any metal magazine followers? Or at least a way to keep them from breaking by reinforcing it somehow? Do you think if I cut the magazine spring so that it wouldn't be so strong will that fix it?

Drill through along the length of the follower and insert a piece of spring wire the same diameter as the hole. If you don't have any, a sewing needle will also work. Dab a little super glue on the wire just to be sure its secure.

I was thinking exactly that. Thank you! I think I will also cut some of the spring off to relieve some tension.

While we're on the subject, are there any aftermarket hop-up rubber and buckings?

Ya, those things are hell, Ive had the luck of all the stock ones breaking, but then when I ordered new ones, they have yet to fail me.

I had mines break on me right after reloading each after the third time. The followers released as I was reloading them and the spring is so stiff that when they released it hit the feeding lip and broke. I guess I'll have to do what renegadecow said and reinforce them or buy new ones for $5 each and cut the spring a little so it won't be so stiff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived