I have read a lot of horror stories about lipoly's didn't live airsofters expectation, their playing life was shortened. Is it the lipoly or how we maintain them?

Lipolies are great to use but we should know how to take care of them, or we are just wasting our hard earned money by not looking after this next generartion AEG batteries. Lipolies are used basically by battery powered RC cars and planes. Without proper maintenance by balancing each cell, we are shortening its life cycle. I have been using lipolies for almost 2 years now not knowing that any imbalance would waste my lipo.

Introducing the Kong Power 3-1 lipoly balancer (rehabilitator)

IMGP3595.jpg

Dimention : 93.5*60*17 mm, 2.7 inch LCD display

Battery support : Li-PO / Li-Fe 2-6 cells/7.4v-22.2v

Receiver battery : 1.2V-8.5V DC

(Not limited type, but need external power7.4v-11.1v, use JST connector)

: Balance function is executable regardless if the battery is being charged.

Balance voltage setting range(lower limit): 2.0v-3.9v(pre-set at 3.2V)

Discharge voltage setting range(lower lmit): 3.0v-4.2v (pre-set at 3.9V)

Built-in Balance block : XH balance connector female

External TP-style balance adapter : Kong Power balance tab 2S-6S (Free option during promotion period)

The box was neatly presented and it came with the 3-1 balancer/discharger/voltage meter check, an owners manual which was written clearly in english language and Kong Power stickers (bonus).... Hehehehe, I used mine to put an identification for my power plug adaptor

modify_inline.gifIMGP3681.jpg

The KP 3-1 have 5 ports for 2,3,4,5,6 cells lipoly batteries.

IMGP3705.jpg

The very first job I did, was of course read the manual and it was all straight forward. The test begins, my test subject was my almost 2 years old Firefox 11.1V 1600 mah 12C lipoly battery. And I am using a balancer charger that came with it when I bought it.

IMGP2587.jpg

Then I plug my lipoly to the KP 3-1 and the truth strucked me head on and was clearly displayed on the KP's lcd screen. The first reading was too way off, 1st cell is 3.84V, 2nd cell is 3.72V and the 3rd cell is 3.90V. The KP had prompted me to check the battery as what is shown on the lcd screen.

I did not hit the discharge button and eagerly hit the balance button as soon as I've found out that my lipoly was imbalance.

Here is the KP Balancing my lipo. Note the flashing bulb icon and the balance icon, Balancer working. KP analysis the lowest reading for each cell and automatically set the lowest reading as benchmark for balancing the 2 unbalance cells in real time.

IMGP3643.jpg

Still Balancing

IMGP3660.jpg

After several hours of balancing, all the light bulb icon from the 2 unbalance cells ceased from blinking and the balance icon gone. The results are showing on the LCD screen that my almost 2 years old lipoly is now well balance with a slight deviation of .01V.

IMGP3677.jpg

Charge the lipoly, using the charger mentioned and shown above. Ang whoalla my lipoly is alive and kicking and balance again compared to the first time I have plug the lipoly to the Kong Power 3-1.

I am just wandering the readings was all different from each cell after charging but the KP did not prompted me to check the battery, leaving the connection between lipo and KP for 10-20 minutes(check battery icon never showed up in the LCD screen). I noticed that it gained more V per cell as compared to the first time I have done the test.

IMGP3713.jpg

Conclusion, it did a wonderful job of rehabilitating my lipo.

The great thing about the product is, it will prompt us in real real time with nos. that our lipolies are imbalance. I suggest that before hitting the balance button, discharge the battery first using this unit until the discrepancies in voltage are between .02-.03V. Unlike what I did on this first test, hitting the balance button sooner will take time on balancing the cells as there was a huge discrepancies among the cells. Check the voltage, It's not 11.1, it's 12.40V fully charge, that kinda scared me off..........hehehehe! Not worried, I got a computerized mosfet that can easily handle this power and a GB tuned for lipoly usage.

I hope you like my little contribution.

I am no electrical or techno guy but I really love to venture as long as it got an English Manual that can easily be followed......................hehehehehehe! Adios Amigos!

Balancer provided by Kong Power for Review!

Bottom line, I won't suggest buying those ACM lipoly balancer charger again :angry: ( they are not good), as what most gurus advice, buy quality batteries and of course quality Balancer Chargers. There's a lot offered in the market today.

Edited by mamba17