JG BAR 10 or WELL APS SR2?

DUFF MAN

Hi

After copious amounts of going through forums/ searching through google etc, I have come up with a choice for my first bolt action airsoft rifle. The BAR 10 or the APS SR2 from well.

I have already bought an AEG but am selling it soon to finance this and because i didnt particularly like it. It wasnt accurate enough,not enough range (about 45m with 0.25g) have to recharge the battery to use it....etc Btw it was a JG G3SG1.

I have thought about why i want a bolt action rifle: Simplicity, Consistancy, quiet, accurate (relativley) after upgrades (TB barrel and hop up), No dependancy on batteries, gas, its a challenge :D

It will not neccesarily be used for sniping. The reason this post is in the sniper section is that snipers, having used these replicas, will know the most about them.

I will be buying either a JG BAR 10 or a WELL APS SR2 in the near futur, when i save up enough money for the replica and upgrades.

If i buy the BAR 10 i will be buying a Prometheus TB 6.03 inner barrel and a firefly hard hop up, barrel spacers if i can find them.

If i buy the SR2 i will be buying the same kinds of upgrades., if i can find them

I will not be buying springs/ sears just yet.

I will be performing the airbrake and teflon mod to gain in FPS (in the case of the BAR 10)

The only problem i have come across so far is that on WGC most of the extra parts seem to be " discontinued".

Before you say go read the VSR thread/ APS thread. i already have and thats why i asking these questions

1: Which is the better gun for a base for the above upgrades or will they both be about the same?

2: Is there any other upgrades that i havent mentioned because i need to get an idea of the amount that i will have to save ( probably looking at about 250euros for the upgrades so far with the replica including P&P from WGC (not changing the springs so i shouldnt need to change the sears or anything else??)

I have read quite a few reviews for the bar 10 but i have only seen 1 so far of the SR2 on a french forum (ACM Forum)

3: I was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with the SR2

4: Should i just wait a bit a see what the next lot of bolt action replicas form china are like?

Sorry for the long post, but have tried to be as clear as possible

Thanks for any help

If it seem that i have somehow overlooked some wealth of information on the subject dont flame me just point me in the right direction please

Archived