KWC 92FS Troubleshooting

nieb15

I received two pistols for free yesterday. One of them was a KWC 92FS GBB. It is in good condition externally, but not internally. The magazine leaks a bit (easy fix), it does not feed bb's, and finally a strange problem. I've seen guns eject their entire load of gas as soon as you pull the trigger or after a few shots, but never in the manner of this pistol. I insert the mag, rack the slide, and pull the trigger. The slide cycles once (not loading or propelling a bb) and then ejects a lot of gas. It doesn't eject all of it, there is enough left so I can pull the trigger again and I can hear the rest of the gas escape (no movement from slide).

I will post pictures of the pistol dissembled tomorrow. If anyone has the same type of pistol (working condition), please post pictures so I can cross-reference the internals. Also, if anyone knows of any common problems with this pistol, please let me know.

I would say a common problem would be the leaking mags.

They tent to leak around the two roll pins that hold the base on. I completely glued over mine but it's up to you what you can do. A change of seals could be a simple/correct solution.

As for the venting, the shots should be very quick, short and precise. It seems to me your gun is letting too much gas out for too long a period.

Have a strip down of the top of your mag and check the gas release valve. It could well be the spring not returning the valve to shut off the gas quick enough, resulting in your rather long expelling of gas.

Archived