Experiences with G&P EOTech 552 replica

Laursen

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the above sight from G&P. I've seen many EOTech replica sights and I've read many different opinions.

I'm looking for a good EOTech 552 to put on my M4. I'm kinda interested in the G&P as I'm quite happy with my other G&P products. But does anyone here have any experience with the G&P 552 (http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=1737) or other G&P EOTech's ?

My main worries are if the reticle will adjust vertically and how sharp the reticle is ?

But any information about the specific sight or G&P EOTEch's in general is appreciated.

Regards,

Jakob Laursen

The G&P 552s are better than the clone versions (owned both, still have the G&P) but keep in mind the G&Ps are clones themselves, albeit better clones. G&P rebranded the UFC 552 but the UFCs are a bit better than the EBB versions you'll see floating around. Are they Hurricane quality? No way.

My G&P ghosts one image of the reticle and the NV (red/green switch) button works but you have to mash it in order for it to switch. The brightness is an issue too; green is only useful at night and red at its brightest is only slightly visible during the day. The lowest brightness settings at night are overpowering and are too bright but its still useful (its not bright to the point of washing out everything in the sight picture).

I say, if you can find a Hurricane buy that but if not go for the G&P.

Anyone have any input regarding the quality of the clone EOtechs coming out nowadays?

Thanks for the reply... I've read that HurricanE's are some of the best non-RS sights. But I've been offered a G&P 552 for around 30 USD brand new. I could buy a HurricanE but theres only one store which sells them in my country and they're close to 300 USD...

I will probably go with the G&P...

The G&P is decent for the most part with good build quality, but the reticle is a bit dim even on the brightest setting, making it easily drowned out on sunny days. They should be fine for most woodland and great for indoors.

Archived