x3 Pelican cases

shmook

ok,

i have 3 Pelican 1750 cases for sale, all in black.

same as here, but are not the new double-latch type, or folding handle, cos they are a couple of years old.

they are big buggers, and will take a rifle up to 1280mm long. i use one for my L96, so VSR's etc will be fine. i use another to hold 2 full length shotguns with accessories too, so they are a useful size of case.

they will happily take an M4 or two, and loads of accessories :D

they have a couple of scratches, nothing seroius, and all latches are fine, along with the equalisation valve.

they also come with foam, although not all of it is cut. i have got foam for each case, in 3 pieces, like a sandwich.

at the moment, one case has foam for an L96 cut out, along with the bottom piece cut outto fit the case. i have a piece for the lid, which is slightly over-sized, for trimming. you have to remove the bolt though, but this is easy on a '96, and most real-steel cases require this anyway.

a second case has foam cut for 2 shotguns, all cuts are complete. this is finished.

the 3rd case has the bottom cut, and i have started cutting out for my M4, but this is no where near finished, i didnt have time before i moved house, and dont have the room to carry on at the moment, but it also comes with 3 pieces.

basically, if you want a different weapon in (or anything else), just remove the middle of the 'sandwich', and replace with a new piece. the top and bottom dont need to be replaced. simples!

i got my foam from here.

pics up later tonight, but they are black, cool-looking, mil-spec cases!

cos of the size, shipping will be a bit pricey, so they are up for £190 each, all fees included. money off for collection.

thanks for looking,

shmook

ok, piccies!

first, shotgun

29112009047c.th.jpg

and here, you can see the foam is a flush fit

29112009048.th.jpg

next, L96

29112009045.th.jpg

there is a pen mark on the upper right, but this should come off with some detergent or somesuch.

the bottom of the 'sandwich' hasnt been cut down, so the middle protrudes above the case bottom. this isnt a problem, as the top or bottom can be cut to suit, but i done even bother with the top piece, cos its a good, snug fit.

29112009046q.th.jpg

last, the 3rd case, with just the bottom foam cut to fit inside

29112009044.th.jpg

i have no images of the partly-cut M4 piece of foam, cos its in my parents' garage! but its just the start of the stock and the top of the receiver i think.

i used a home made hot wire to cut all of the foam, but it cuts very well with a craft knife too, and Pelican recommend electric carving knives too :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived