Need help choosing kit...

ErikBobbo

I know you're not my personal army, but I need some input on choosing a new kit. We're starting a new team here, and we hope to find a cool team-kit. So far we're set on a MSOB / Force Recon / FSBE2 -thing, but I'm not sure that's the optimal solution. We want a kit that is fairly simple to get (bot availability and price), and not to complicated for woodland use. The MSOB/FR/FSBE2-kit is fairly complex and probably pretty cumbersome, so I'm looking for alternatives.I love the Force Recon kit, but it's a pretty heavy kit with a lot of expensive parts. The Ciras is probably one of the most cumbersome and hot vests there are. I know armor carriers like CIRAS is used more and more, but there must be some cool kits around that are lower drag. Here are the requirements:

-Must be pretty realistic (impression of real kit).

-Must use M4 (SOPMOD).

-Should be fairly pratical for woodland use

-Not too expensive.

There is also the possibility to go with a spechul force thing with a simple chest rig, but I'd like to keep some uniformity in the team.

I am turning in to a "wannabe", so no fiction-kits (I'm not dressing up as Soap/Ghost).

You can still do an FR Style kit/impression and not use the CIRAS, you can use other vests in the FSBE II Kit such as the RRV or the Plate Carrier vest (MBSS?) and those options are far cheaper than the CIRAS, even if you buy the real thing lol

and pretty much any Modern US 'special forces' style kits/impression will involve generally the same vests, just different colors

Well, our team recently bought the RICAS vests from warrior assault systems. They are certainly not cheap, though not nearly as expensive as the CIRAS vests. The warrior assault vests are available at www.uktactical.com

They are rocksolid though and imo really good value for money. Depending on the style of vest you order, you can even get the compact versions for less then £100. Not only that, but if you are going to be doing a team purchase, be sure to give them a ring, we got a pretty sweet deal from them and good customer service as well.

Have a look: http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Plate_Carriers.html

Hope that helps!

Archived