Weird thing with barrel

chownsy

Any follow up on this? I just picked up a VSR and a 587mm 6.01 TB. I'll be shooting 0.43 madbulls.

thanks

WaWa

that a hell of a long barrel

My ones are 435mm, longest vsr ones i seen are 555mm and thats very long imho.

No update today it snowed too much (never settled :( :( )

that a hell of a long barrel

My ones are 435mm, longest vsr ones i seen are 555mm and thats very long imho.

No update today it snowed too much (never settled :( :( )

Hopfully it does the trick. Our field FPS rules are fairly high with a min. engagement distance for safty. I'll keep you guys posted on this thing... it's supposed to be the cats meow (much like everthing else on the internet! hahaha)

WaWa

Then you should be able to push it to the 160m/s mark, hmm, could you post your gun parts and lets have a lil' look!

ive got 162m/s!

Well MB02,

HFC and WELL hop up (found the best bits of both)

HFC hop rubber but think it may be ripped or something as its not holding bb's in place

HFC cylinder

Well cylinder head

435mm 6.00mm EdGI ported Barrel

EdGI Sears,

EdGI spring guide stopper

EdGI Piston

EdGI Spring guide

EdGI SP01 Spring

King Arms Silencer

hmmm. nothing wrong with the setup what i can see, except the barrel. that its ported... i think you loose that last push from the piston. and that might affect the velocity enough to make it drop 60fps.

//Regards

I will get myself a new rubber and then re-update this thread (500fps is good for UK top limit but im just curious where that extra power has gone)

thanks for all the help so far :D

Got my 4th VSR on the way, i just now need to grow more arms and more eyes to use them all :D

If your hop rubber is torn, or even damaged enough to negate it's effect and seal, then that is the most likely cause of your problems. The seal will be ineffective and it will create a physical drag on the BB.

Furthermore, i can reinforce the opinion of tighter barrels being counterintuitive, with regards accuracy at least can't verify the theory of decreasing fps.

Epic Fail today.... I got my 587mm DBC for the VSR10.... took the riffle down... and just before install I noticed the barrel is bowed. She flops around like a que stick at the billiards hall. Hopefully I can get this exchanged without delay or much hassle.

WaWa

Oh snap that sucks WaWa. It's odd that you loose that much fps due to the porting. It sounds like to me that you can port your barrel and get a higher fps spring to compensate for the lose and keep your gun firing hot.

So upgrade your spring to a harder one, get a ported barrel for accuracy and since it's ported at the end should it make it quieter at the same time? If this is the case it's a major win win.

Oh snap that sucks WaWa. It's odd that you loose that much fps due to the porting. It sounds like to me that you can port your barrel and get a higher fps spring to compensate for the lose and keep your gun firing hot.

So upgrade your spring to a harder one, get a ported barrel for accuracy and since it's ported at the end should it make it quieter at the same time? If this is the case it's a major win win.

it sounds slightly quieter than a normal barrel

If its staying at a nice 500fps I wont mind as its UK limit at most sites.

Once i can get on a range ill have accuracy tests for this rifle.

Archived