CAR-15 full metal project

cosmic

I've been working on this for awhile (mainly due to lack of decent tools!).

Anyhoo, i've got the front set all ready and fixed it to the body, the only problem is that the delta ring is really wobbly.

The reason for this i can see is that the original TM delta ring is too big for either the newer TM M4 assembly or the G&P style one i have. I have tried a different ring but it's too small to fit the grips!

Any ideas?

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

Ok,

I'm using the original TM CAR-15 'slip' ring as thats what the rear of the grips fits into. The problem is that, that slip ring is loose on the barrel/receiver connection because thats the newer style not the original TM style. So i either need a new slip ring to fit the grips or pack out the exsisting one so it's not wobbling all over the show, any ideas?

If that doesn't make sense i'll take more photos

A trick a friend of mine has always used to pack things out and even re-tread barrel/delta ring combos is to cut up a coke can and use the thin aluminium to wrap around whatever you need to pack out. It will also bend and form into the right spots when you screw things into it. ie. It sorta threads itself.

Dont know if that will help as im not 100% sure im talking about the right problem your having.... :)

why is it to loose? Its the star type vs the tm push and turn to sperate type? So the actual ring is bigger than the tm one? Try swaping the rings, you will need an e-clip tool to take apart the delat rign assembly, then swap it for the original tm one...

Archived