SRC MG36 Drum not keeping up

Cosmitz

Long story short, triple-A ran 2500 round box mag is not keeping up with the rof a 1600 mah mini 8.4 battery is giving. Solutions?

A) 6 volt battery, or extra AAA battery, to give out more juice instead of the 4.8 volts out current

B ) Slower gun rof, but tbh, i'm gonna fit a 3300 mah 8.4, and that won't help much with the issue. I don't want to mess with the gearbox in peculiar ways either to slow rof.

C) No ideea.

Halp?

Smack a 9V battery in theere (the oblong one) that will easily solve your problem with this.

Or if you dont want to do that you could allways wire up the C-mag to your AEG battery :) (im currently trying to do this with my m4 but i just cant be botherd to walk upstairs and start soldering with lead solder o.0.o. *suitcase* sends you loopy!!)

Well considering its only has to shift BB's from A to B it isnt going to that much stress on the gears, But at the end of the day it is up to you or you could use a D battery which will need either the cable solderd onto it or make your own kinda of attachment :)

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, added a 9V battery and i'm still having problems keeping up. I was testing this on a 8.4v 2200mah Sanyo battery, so the rof, while decent, was just decent, nothing extraordinary. I don't even want to imagine the problems when i install my 3300 mah battery.

Any suggestions to fix this? To note, this is a C Mag-style mag. And let's try to keep the 'install a mosfet and decrease the motor speed' to a minimum please.

Cosmitz, the problems should be identical with the 3300 mAH battery as it's the voltage, not the mAH that determines ROF... As both the battery you intend to get, and have just used are 8.4v, they should provide a virtually identical ROF...

I dunno much about the internals of a G36 Drum Mag, but would replacing the motor for a faster spinning one be a possibility?

Voltage and discharge play a key role in motor torque and rpm, and i might agree that my motor draws as much as it needs atm that switching over to 3300 will make minor difference.

I don't think the problem is the motor itself, but actually the bb's reaching the compartment where the bb's get loaded into the mechanism. I would like a stronger motor, sure, i got a TM Glock motor around here somewhere that i can use, but if the bb's don't get where they are supposed to in a decent ammount.. it'll be useless.

I'm saying that if i were to wind up completely, and keep winding while i'm pushing the trigger, i start to missfire in a matter of seconds.

• 1 month later...

Archived