AGM MP44/STG44 Takedown

HC Airsoft

The hop unit and inner barrel can't be withdrawn from the receiver until the outer barrel has been pulled out of the front.

In the forwardmost hole that takes the large button-head allen screw (which holds the left receiver plate/cover section) there is a grubscrew, this secures the outer barrel into the receiver.

Loosen it a few turns, then pull the outer barrel out of the receiver.

If it's tight, twisting it slightly left and right will help.

Once it's free of the receiver, angle it down at the rear and the inner barrel and hop unit can be slid out below the rear of the receiver.

The gas tube is just a push-fit in the top, there's a tension spring inside it but you don't need to disconnect it unless you want/need to completely remove the front end.

If you want/need any pictures, drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send some to you.

It's a b##ger isn't it <_<

I added another one just above it in the angled part of the barrel housing.

Another thing to watch out for is the tiny screw at the very back of the gearbox housing (not in the gearbox itself), the lug it screws into is very fragile and will snap off if you overtighten it.

It's not a problem really if it does though, as the butt mounting section holds the two halves in place anyway.

Archived