Range and Accuracy upgrades for a CA Scar

mattmanic

Hey,

I've recently redone the wiring and made an AB mosfet for my Scar. Now I feel like I could get a little more out of it distance wise. Can I replace the hop up? Or is it good enough? Obviously I'll be doing the hop rubber and nub. I'll get an Element H-Hop nub but what rubber? I heard the Element rubber with the V shape cut into it was meant to go well with the nub. Also, I'm not sure whether it will have come with a tightbore or not. Is it worth getting replacing the current one?

At the moment the bbs seem to get to about 120ft then curve off suddenly to the right and I can't seem to correct that with any amount of twisting the barrel in the hop up or realigning the rubber.

Thanks

I don't think they come with TB barrels. I have a Classic Army SCAR H and it has the rotory hop unit. Very good it is as well!

I fitted a steel 6.03mm barrel (285mm) and IIRC the hop rubber is either a TM or the one that came with the gun. Certainly no H nub fitted. The gun chrono's at 348-349 and its incredibly accurate, has very good range and the fps is consistant to +- 2 fps each shot.

If your gun has the rotory hop unit, at most I would replace the rubber/bucking and fit a tight bore.

These are really good guns.

Good to know :) I did inspect the hop rubber and it looks a little deformed/worn so I'll order a new one. The site I intend to use it at has a 345fps limit so I'll probably wait til after I've had it chronoed before getting a tightbore incase it puts me over the limit. Close-medium range accuracy isn't too bad, so I'd imagine bbs veering off at long range is mainly due to the hop components being old.

Archived