TM M1911 Help- little guide rail?

tinydata

So I finally transferred the guts of my TM MEU to a guarder slide and frame, but I can't get the mini guide rail on the inside of the slide to stay put as that screw hole is nonexistent. Is it ok to just use the pistol without the guide rail?

AEX said it was ok to leave it out, but I want more opinions. Thanks!

Does it work without it? I'm sure all it does is get rid of any play in the slide.

I had a shop do the install for my PGC body on my Govt. 1911 and they didn't put it in. The pistol shoots like it's supposed to. I did the install myself on my Nova body on my MEU 1911, which I put in the guide and it works. On my Nova kit, it has a tab that sits in between the hex screw and the slide stop hole to keep it in place. Too lazy at the moment to break it down and take pictures.

Does your Govt. M1911A1 have any abnormal wear as a result?

There a small amount of side to side play in the slide. There appears to be marks inside the slide where it possibly bites into the guide on the frame. Hmm... might have to post pics of this.

Pics:

MEU 1911 w/ Nova kit & guide installed

IMG_1852.jpg

Govt 1911 w/ PGC kit no guide

IMG_1851.jpg

Govt 1911 wear on frame guide

IMG_1853.jpg

Govt 1911 wear on slide

IMG_1854.jpg

The gun will work without it, and some clone designs even omitted it. But you will have some extra side-to-side play which will definitely affect your accuracy. Not much felt if you're just using it as a side arm for close in use, but if you use it as a primary and depend on it to hit targets 30m out then you've got a problem.

Archived