G&P M4 Sentry carries on firing in FA

harborne blue

I have not come across this issue before and am a little confused...

Using my G&P magpul on full auto - squeezed off a burst and the gun definitely fired an extra few shots after I released the trigger. Checked all the connections and couldn't see anything wrong although the mag wasn't feeding very well.

Changed the mag, fiddled with the hop and the gun was fine for the rest of the day.

Has anyone got any ideas what caused this and if it's likely to return? I am just about to move to Lipos and am concerned that something ain't right.

A friend of mine had the same issue - Basically, the trigger/switch moving parts need lubricating as they're sticking a little and not immediately breaking contact with the switch. Best thing to do is send it back to the retailer you purchased it from and inform them the switch block/trigger contacts are having problems; It should be under warranty if purchased recently.

Failing that, if you're happy opening it up, simply give the contacts a good clean, pry them apart (carefully) a little and check that none of the trigger/contact block/contact plates are sticking or suffering any resistance in their travel.

Ideally though, send it back and get it fixed without compromising the warranty.

Archived