Tanaka Kar98K version?

Cosmitz

Hey people, i just received a retiring player's Tanaka Kar98K, not that he played that much anyway. Thing is, i'm somewhat going between keeping it and selling it, but it appears there were a few versions of it made. As far as i could see:

1) Preban, high fps

2) Postban, lowfps, restricted, unajustable

2) Postban, lowfps, restricted ajustable

By ajustable i mean the Pegasus Gas System i think it's called. I need to know what type is my Tanaka since if i were to sell it, i see the prices fluctuate a bit. So far i have noticed that the nozzle goes about 50% tighter a few cm's in, so i think it might be a restricted version, but it's shooting 120m/s, so i think it's also ajustable, but i can't see from where?

Can anyone provide me with some clarification on this whole issue? Thanks. :)

The Tanaka Kar98 didn't have the pegasus adjustable system, if its "adjustable" the nozzle has threads on the inside where you can screw in "restricting screws" to lower the fps.

if its unrestricted it should easily do 165ms/540fps on green gas.

As said, i'm doing about 120m/s, and the nozzle is indeed 'restricted' with a brass 'ring'. I would personally like it atleast 140m/s so i assume my only chance in this case is to widen the hole with a drill?

As said, i'm doing about 120m/s, and the nozzle is indeed 'restricted' with a brass 'ring'. I would personally like it atleast 140m/s so i assume my only chance in this case is to widen the hole with a drill?

yup, the simple solution is often the best :)

Archived