A Choice Between Modular Gear.

Agent Hunk

I need help with selecting my modular gear rig. I was dead set on getting a Tactical Tailor Rig but it totaled close to $200. So I was looking at my new CheaperThan Dirt catlog and I saw they had a nice slection of modular pouches for a much better price. Now I know everyone says cheaper isnt better but sometimes its called a bargin. I plan on getting the TT MAV 1 Piece body and X- Harness no matter what becuase its the only place I can find one and I don't want a full size vest, because it will hide my awesome armor. So I was wondering if I should go and get the TT MAV set up and then some pouches from Cheaper Than Dirt. One of there pouches should hold 4 G36 magazines for the price of a TT that will only hold 2.

http://catalogs.dailyshopper.com/CheaperTh...circularid=6711

http://catalogs.dailyshopper.com/CheaperTh...circularid=6711

The Cheaper Than Dirt stuff.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/products/mod...uches/index.htm

The TT stuff.

If I order from CTD. I was gonna probably get the following.

MOLLE Triple .223 Magaizne Pouch x 2

MOLLE Shotgun Shell Pouch x2

MOLLE Gas mask pouch

MOLLE Pistol Magazine Pouch

If I order from TT I was gonna get the following:

TT Double .308 Pouch x2

TT Shotgun Shell Holder

And since MOLLE is universal if I did get the CTD stuff it would fit on the MAV right?

Your links appear to be broken so I can't really comment on the CheaperThanDirt pouches, although from a quick search it appears that they are a retailer, rather than a manufacturer. I might be wrong as I have no experience with them, but if they are just distributing the pouches it would be useful to know what make the pouches are before giving some more detailed advice.

As said, I can't really comment on the pouches available from CheaperThanDirt until I know what make they are/have more information about them. However, I can comment on TT. TT are definitely a sound brand, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with anything you pick up from them.

You could always take a look at other gear manufacturers, for example Specialty Defense Systems, they make excellent gear at an excellent price, and in terms of bang for buck I would say that they are hard to beat.

If you really can't decide there is no harm in picking up a few TT pouches and a few CTD pouches to see which ones you like better, you can always sell on what you don't like. However, in terms of tactical gear, you do get what you pay for.

Hope I helped.

To be honest, I would pay the extra couple of dollars and get the gear manufactured by more reputable gear manufacturers. Even though you might save some money in the short term buying knock off pouches, all major gear manufacturers offer their products with a life time warranty, so if you need to replace them down the line it won't mean having to pay for new ones.

However, as I said it can't hurt to get a few of their pouches to try out. If they do turn out to be of decent quality and their design works for you, then there is no reason not to go with them. If they turn out to be sub-par then you can just sell them on.

Although their slogan alone would be enough to put me off from buying their gear. :)

Archived