tokyo marui m9 problem - BBs are not propelling

Honzo

So I bought this TM chrome and lubed up the gun. It was bought second hand and I got a brand new marui magazine for it. Upon shooting, the action blows back and the magazine seems to feed ok. However, the BBs are not being propelled by the gas; every time I pull the trigger the gun blows back and the BB just falls out of the barrel instead of being ejected like it should by the gas.

My first suspicion is the loading nozzle, maybe it is not up close enough to the BB? But I went back to make sure everything was aligned correctly (spring guide, slide, etc) and everything on the pistol is stock. I inspected the loading nozzle closely and it isn't a perfect round outer edge lip. It's partially round up the top and then curves inwards at the bottom. I'm not sure if it is the original design of the marui loading nozzle or the part has been worn out. Any help is appreciated.

If it's any help, I've been trying to shoot it with propane.

sounds like maybe your floating valve is jammed shut. check that out. the floating valve is the valve that sits in the loading nozzle and lets gas pass to propel the BB, then it closes due to the negative pressure of the bb leaving the barrel diverting gas to the blow back mech.

if its jammed shut, the gun will appear to work, but it just loads bbs and doesnt fire anything, causing the next loaded bb to push the previous one forward of the hop up, letting it roll down and out the barrel.

anyway, i just want to make sure you know the part im talking about. go check that out. it should be visible through the gas inlet port at the bottom of the loading nozzle.

I think i know what you're talking about but I'll make sure and take a picture and have you confirm that for me. I'm having trouble diassembling the m9 though. I unscrewed the screw on the blowback chamber but nothing seems to wiggle out of place for me to pull out. Do i have to pry on a corner to get it out of the slide? Or is there another screw that needs to be loosen? Thanks.

after you get that screw out, or before, take out the loading nozzle return springs. simply push them back clear of their respective guides and pull them out towards the inside(i use a small screwdriver here to push them back). then, turn the safety on and remove the small trigger bar actuator triangle thingy. careful, you'll probably need to remove the right side safety lever to remove it without breaking it. with the safety on, it should just be able to be unhooked and slid down. then, this may be a bit tricky, the entire bottom plate of the BBU should be able to be pushed back and down, away from the slide a bit and then it can be wiggled free. i could not find any single method for every M9 out there, i just push the plate back from here or there until it gives. sometimes it takes a bit of force, and once you've done it, that's the only real way to figure it out.

after you get the plate off, you can slide the loading nozzle off the piston and out of the slide. a tiny screw at the top of the nozzle holds in all the guts. unscrew it and push the floating valve out the back of the loading nozzle(i use small screw driver here too).

after you get that screw out, or before, take out the loading nozzle return springs. simply push them back clear of their respective guides and pull them out towards the inside(i use a small screwdriver here to push them back). then, turn the safety on and remove the small trigger bar actuator triangle thingy. careful, you'll probably need to remove the right side safety lever to remove it without breaking it. with the safety on, it should just be able to be unhooked and slid down. then, this may be a bit tricky, the entire bottom plate of the BBU should be able to be pushed back and down, away from the slide a bit and then it can be wiggled free. i could not find any single method for every M9 out there, i just push the plate back from here or there until it gives. sometimes it takes a bit of force, and once you've done it, that's the only real way to figure it out.

after you get the plate off, you can slide the loading nozzle off the piston and out of the slide. a tiny screw at the top of the nozzle holds in all the guts. unscrew it and push the floating valve out the back of the loading nozzle(i use small screw driver here too).

What's the trigger bar actuator triangle thing? I can't seem to find it. I also tried to remove the safeties but they are stuck. Are they being held in by push pins?

Edit: I've discovered something. Before I took it apart, I did a little test. So, i fill the mag with 3 BBs. The gun is in the un-cocked hammer position. I pull back the slide and also loading the first BB. Pulled the trigger and the BB fired no problem. However, immediately after the first BB shot, the second was loaded but fell out the barrel.

I did another trial run and took the mag out, loading in five new BBs and, like the first trial, the first BB shot no problem. Each BB after that, however, was unaffected by the gas blowback and rolled out the barrel. Does this mean it's still a floating valve problem or is the inner barrel not holding these BBs well enough?

Not meaning to post one after the other but no one is responding/helping within the past few hours as I've been working on this pistol. I think I've found the problem. I think it's the hop-up or the bucking is worn out. The problem, how do I take the inner barrel out of the TM m9? I can't seem to push out the push-pin even after hammering it down. I hear it's a one-way but I've tried hammering it both ways and it doesn't budge.

Archived