Tokyo marui sr16 not feeding BBs

Honzo

I don't know why my TM sr16 is not feeding BBs properly. I've been reading on other forums and doing searches that it may be a taplet plate issue. But how can this happen with a stock marui? Is there something I'm missing here? It would shoot a sporadic BB here and there but basically it doesn't feed. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks. I've tested it with 2 low caps, 2 high caps, and 1 mid cap and not one magazine feeds properly.

My TM SR16 did this from brand new, to cure it try shimming the barrel/hop assembly forward by placing a thin piece of card between the hop unit and gearbox. Don't over do it, a piece of paper folded etc, if it fires ok you can then look at something more sturdy. Mine has been like this since day 1 and it's now 11 years old and still firing/feeding absolutely fine.

It works! I used three layers of electric tape and i guess thats enough space between the GB and hopup for it to feed ok. Can i just leave as is? do you think the electric tape will wear out (like during warm summers, etc) and slide off? Thanks for the help.

Archived