MEU w/ metal slide, alu. compensator, finish ?

Phuncz

I have a Bell silver MEU which has a metal slide and I recently got a silver compensator (without researching compatibility). After some filing I got it to fit but there are some more problems like the shape is a little different to the end of the gun. Now, this can be sanded down, so no problem. But the finish on both is a little different, the slide has a more neutral silver metallic finish where the compensator has a "gun metal grey" metallic finish.

IMG_1198.jpg

Normally if they were the same material, I wouldn't ask but I couldn't find anything about getting the same finish on what appears to be Chinese pot metal (no magnets stick) and aluminium. I found something like "chrome plating" but I haven't found what would happen if two different materials were used and if it would even work on both. I'd like to keep the metallic/metal look if possible.

Does anyone have advice on this ?

BTW: message to the moderator that deleted my previous topic: I later saw I put it in the wrong section. You could have just moved it and sent me a private message showing me the error I made. Deleting it wasn't really nice of you.

i think that spray painting is the only way to assure that you have the same finish on both parts

anodizing gives a great result and can be diy but you cant anodize pot metal(i think)

or you can anodize the slide to match the gray appearance of the comp (but it will be very hard to get the right shade of color)

or you can polish the slide to a mirror finish and spray the comp chrome (chrome paint exist that looks very real)

Archived