Motor ceasing during sustained fire

pfcstoner

Has anyone else ever had their motor cease to work for a few minutes while laying down lots of fire in a small amount of time. My EG1000 which I've never had a problem with, sttopped working for a few minutes during a game yesterday. The box mag still would wind in my Ino 60 but the motor wouldn't turn over. After about 5 minutes the motor would work again in the same manner it did before it ceased. The battery is not the culprit because I tried 3 different batteries.

Could It be the EG1000 not being able to handle the sustained fire?If so, what motor do you guys run to prevent this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

the EG1000's were a fantastic motor of the day, truly fantastic, but they only worked so well by using slightly more power than normal through the motor's coils to create more torque.

this, of course, meant they were hotter than alot of motors, especially for sustained fire. You'll find the resin coating on the copper wire inside your motor is actually starting to give way, and as it warms up its just not functioning properly anymore.

A new, modern type motor with rare-earth (Neodymium) magnets dont have this problem, as the actual magnets in the shell are so much stronger you dont have to dump more power to increase the torque, in fact less power is now needed in comparison to a EG1000 (Best motor i have atm i fitted an EG1000 spindle to a SRC ultra torque shell.. fires 450fps without any trigger lag)

You're best bet is to replace it, look for something like a G&P M160 motor, or King arms Infinite, or Guarder Infinite, along those lines.

They are high-torque setups which means on high-sustained fire setups they arent straining as much, so will last longer and wont seem to "Die off" in ROF

Thanks Bane. That post was extremely informational and useful. Just a quick question, if I got a high torque motor like the G&P M160, wouldn't rof increase? I'm not looking for a ridiculous rof bb hose.

Depends what battery you are using, really

You will notice a rof increase yes, but in saying that, high torque motors dont spin any faster than a TM EG1000, (still around 30-35k rpm) so if there is any increase, it'll be marginal

Depends what battery you are using, really

You will notice a rof increase yes, but in saying that, high torque motors dont spin any faster than a TM EG1000, (still around 30-35k rpm) so if there is any increase, it'll be marginal

Ill be using a 7.4V 5000mah 30C lipo. Good to know the rof wont be affected much.

Thanks

Archived