GPS enabled smartphone software for Airsoft

gisburn20

There is a cool looking App for Android , Java , Iphone and windows mobile called battletac.

it provides a gps enabled map overview for skimishes , to display the locations of friendly forces and or objectives.

There is also the Layar version that provides Battetac data as "augmented reality"! very very cool

www.battletac.com

It's free in its beta state, i'm going to try to get all the smartphone users on my team to run it at the next game day.

The basic version runs well on my samsung 6625 under wm6.1 , the java version is better on an N97 , and the android version is pretty smooth on my wifes HTC Wildfire.

Has anyone else on here tried it?

Can someone else in Northamptonshire try it out (channel 1 ECHO) and see how wide an area it runs over with me?

my user name on there is "jungle-jim

cheers, Jim

well looks like it has a good max range then!

I have the basic java version running fine on my N97 , but cant find out how to login to the Layar N97 app, it runs ok , but I need to log in to it dont I?

P.s.

I can see you in Portugal , coming up as "undefined" you can go into settings and edit icon to add a name or change icon type.

Jim

well looks like it has a good max range then!

I have the basic java version running fine on my N97 , but cant find out how to login to the Layar N97 app, it runs ok , but I need to log in to it dont I?

P.s.

I can see you in Portugal , coming up as "undefined" you can go into settings and edit icon to add a name or change icon type.

Jim

Yeah i'm using the Layar Android app and as soon as i chose the BattleTac layer it asked me to login. Now the only thing left is me making some sort of RIS adapter for my HTC Desire :D

• 1 month later...

Archived