Hello

Sharkai

Hi, I'm from Cumbria and mainly joined this site to look at the reviews. I have a TM 1911 which I plan to upgrade (grips first, then maybe a metal kit but I heard those have problems). I'm hopefully going to my first real skirmish in a few weeks.

Howdy!

One thing you'll hear quite a lot; Metal kits, while a lot nicer for looks and feel, will reduce the performance of a GBB quite significantly when it comes to gas efficiency and cooldown. A full metal 1911 will suffer badly in the winter, although it'll be fine in the warmer months.

thanks for the info, I probably won't upgrade to metal one because of cost and two because it is usually cold most of the time, bar a few nice days.

One other thing, how old can a thread be before commenting is considered necromancy? Is it okay if it is on the front page?

One other thing, how old can a thread be before commenting is considered necromancy? Is it okay if it is on the front page?

Try nothing older than say 1 month, unless the previous post is a clear Necropost in which case just leave it to the mods.

Though good to hear you have a TM 1911, and yes keep it plastic, runs much better than in metal.

'FireKnife'

Try nothing older than say 1 month, unless the previous post is a clear Necropost in which case just leave it to the mods.

Though good to hear you have a TM 1911, and yes keep it plastic, runs much better than in metal.

'FireKnife'

@fireknife Do you know if these sorts of grips will fit onto it?

post-73892-0-19790200-1303578609_thumb.jpg

It very much depends on the make of grips and a few other things - However, being that they're wood, they'll be easy to modify to fit assuming you've got some basic tools and woodworking skills. Usually it's a case of boring out the back of the screw-holes, as the TM 1911 has slightly wider threaded inserts for the grip screws to go into.

Archived