'Phat' Silencer Options

Taragon

I am trying to locate a silencer that has a larger diameter then usual. Say... 60/70/80mm. As the most common silencer diameter seems to be around the 30mm range :(

Really looking for something around 150x70mm or close enough. :blink:

I know i could go down the route of making one or getting one crafted. But thought i would see if there is an dealers with this size silencer in stock. I know i might just end up making something myself... but hate to go through all that effort if there is something similar floating around.

I have tried searching and been trawling through the various silencer threads without finding anything.

Any ever seen anything like this?

the ak silencer is quite large. Failing that just get a normal silencer of the correct length and add loo roll tubes/ cling film tubes, if you know anyone that works in a kitchen get some of the commercial ones as they are very thick and tough. Bulk it out to the right diameter and then cover with black electrical tape or some krylon ;p

Depending on how long you can wait you could ask Docv400 to machine you one but he has quite a long list of odd jobs for people.

Alternatively, have you considered getting a silencer cheaply, then finding some PVC piping and sheeting to make some end caps of the appropriate diameter, a sheet of foam you can cut to the right outer diameter to fit inside the PVC pip, then drilling/dremelling the end cap sheets to at one end accept the silencer thread adaptor and then araldite/epoxy that in place then do the same at the other end but with a suitable size hole for the muzzle drilled in?

Depending on how long you can wait you could ask Docv400 to machine you one but he has quite a long list of odd jobs for people.

Alternatively, have you considered getting a silencer cheaply, then finding some PVC piping and sheeting to make some end caps of the appropriate diameter, a sheet of foam you can cut to the right outer diameter to fit inside the PVC pip, then drilling/dremelling the end cap sheets to at one end accept the silencer thread adaptor and then araldite/epoxy that in place then do the same at the other end but with a suitable size hole for the muzzle drilled in?

This is what i have decided to do.

I had one of those funny 5 minutes the other day where i wanted a really wide / short silencer for my EBR.. dont ask why lol.

So think i may use a cheap silence i have and use some 70mm alloy tube and see if i can seal off each end using the original silencer body and thread. Going to attempt to 'bash' something together this weekend.

Cheers guys

Archived