Spring M24 sniper rifle

tigerdan

Hi all,

I have been looking for a spring action M24 SWS. Price isn't much of a concern as long it performs well, solid build, and look as realistic as possible. I understand choices for airsoft sniping are relatively limited, most people who after a high performance rifle would go for a VSR or APS2, while people who are willing for a bit more of realism but sacrifice a bit of performance went with tanakas and ares. I actually owned and sold a tanaka M24 which I regretted deeply (and I am considering to purchase one again), but it was more intended as a wall hanger, so I can't compare with its performance with other rifles, but we all know that gas rifles are more or less disadvantaged from springers, which is why I am after a high performance yet well built spring M24. From what I can see, the CAW M24 and PDI M24 looks promising, but I can hardly find any info or review on them. Can anyone who came across with those rifles offer some advice? Right now, I just want a M24 springer looks as good as it performs, so chinese clones and CA M24 are out of the list. Cheers.

I would suggest going back to the Tanaka works M24. It is the most realistic and once upgraded, it performs very nicely (but still not as good as a VSR10).

It isn't cheap to get one and upgrade it though. Main advantage is the easy cocking action if you set it up for high power.

Good Hunting ;)

As much as I like the tanaka rifles, their M24s have a serious problem. The real M24 receiver is a long action receiver so it can fire both 308 and 300. But I guess tanaka is just too lazy to make another receiver, so they use the same short action receiver that they put on their M700s. So technically, the tanaka M24 is more like a M700 instead.

p.s. Is there anyone who know if there is a long action receiver replacement for the tanaka M24? And the right stock to go with it? I will most likely still go for the tanaka M24 SWS, but it's a shame that the receiver thingy really bothers me. Thanks guys and I'm still hoping to see if anyone who know about the CAW M24 and PDI M24. Cheers.

Archived